MYSTcommunity: The caverns and air - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

The caverns and air The great fans

#1 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

I'm sure this topic has been done to death in the past but its pretty quiet around here so I thought i'd ark it any way.

I have just re read BoT and mentioned several times about the great fans which brought fresh air to the caverns, but it also said they had not broken through to the surface. How could they have got fresh air from great fans without breaking through?

#2 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:24 PM

View PostTopher Bear, on Sep 4 2010, 09:53 AM, said:

I'm sure this topic has been done to death in the past but its pretty quiet around here so I thought i'd ark it any way.

I have just re read BoT and mentioned several times about the great fans which brought fresh air to the caverns, but it also said they had not broken through to the surface. How could they have got fresh air from great fans without breaking through?

1. The fans may have broken to the surface before, at the first coming to D'ni and the first building of all that stuff. Popular legend or so says that they did break to the surface, and some of the D'ni... disappeared. This would perhaps explain some legends that are vaguely like the D'ni, and explains the high technology (which works well with Gehn's knowledge of D'ni technology) of the Amad. I believe that it is said that the various governments of the D'ni have denied that such a thing happened or could have happened.

2. D'ni is not just one cavern. Many of the smaller caverns might need air circulated between them and larger caverns (the whole network of caverns might be as a whole perfectly fine with its air supply, but the smaller caverns and areas would not). You need to pump air into the various small tunnels and caverns (and to do so, pump air out back into the larger caverns), to keep them all sustainable.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users