Page 1 of 1

Groups? is it new?

#1 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:141809

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:02 PM

Shorah

Recently I noticed this "group" thingy under everyone's avatar. Is this new or did I just fail to see it earlier? and even while I guess it doesn't make any difference how do you become "veteran member" since it neither seems to be : post count, time on the board or average post a day and I'm running out of ideas. It is an unsolved riddle and I hate those.....there must be a notebook with clues lying around somewhere......but until I find it I figured out asking here might help.

#2 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

The Group feature has been there for awhile. Veteran Member was created while tampering with the image per post limit, and while it doesn't directly affect that, it does have a few more perks, including larger PM storage and the ability to PM more than one person at once. It's set to auto-promote after a certain number of posts.

#3 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

View PostCapella, on Oct 16 2010, 10:24 PM, said:

The Group feature has been there for awhile. Veteran Member was created while tampering with the image per post limit, and while it doesn't directly affect that, it does have a few more perks, including larger PM storage and the ability to PM more than one person at once. It's set to auto-promote after a certain number of posts.

if it is amount of posts why are some people with 400-500 posts "member" but some with 200-300 posts "veteran member"? It seems kind of random really

#4 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

I believe it triggers itself when you next post in a forum that increases your post count, which means that this forum, the testing forum, and Gemedet should all not trigger it. Posting anywhere else ought to. If that's the case, then it'll take some time to migrate people who are currently members over to the new group, depending on what forums they routinely post in. It should fill up in a month or so.

#5 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

View PostCapella, on Oct 16 2010, 10:43 PM, said:

I believe it triggers itself when you next post in a forum that increases your post count, which means that this forum, the testing forum, and Gemedet should all not trigger it. Posting anywhere else ought to. If that's the case, then it'll take some time to migrate people who are currently members over to the new group, depending on what forums they routinely post in. It should fill up in a month or so.

okay, that probably explains it, thanks !now only a serious topic to discuss in a place where it counts...

#6 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

View Postluna, on Oct 16 2010, 04:46 PM, said:

now only a serious topic to discuss in a place where it counts...

Don't make me have to bite you :arianna:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users