Page 1 of 1

Myst and Riven in SCUMMVM I COME BEARING GIFTS OF JOY

#1 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:51 PM

Check it.

Yeah, so ScummVM supports Myst and Riven. This is awesome because not only does it allow you to completely bypass installation, but it also doesn't require any QT nonsense. It also runs on just about every system under the sun, even iOS and Android (Riven on a Droid X is SOO awesome).

All you have to do is insert your discs and put the listed files into a folder. It's okay to have multiple games in one folder even, you can just have a folder named ScummVM and just dump multiple games in there without putting them into individual folders. The program will sort through and find games it can run from the files in the folder.

So yeah. Awesome.

#2 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

Do you know if SCUMMVM supports those CD-based games that are kinda stuck between eras? You know, the CD-ROM games that came out in the nineties, and now you can't get 'em to work with VM or with Vista/Win7? Because I wanna do an LP of Dinosaur Safari, and this just may be the fix I'm looking for...

#3 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

Dunno. If the engine is supported in Scumm then it most likely works.

#4 User is offline   Narayani Girl 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Late to the party, I know, but I'm trying this and getting no end of trouble. You make it sound so simple! So is there a trick I don't know about or am I doing something wrong? General research seems to imply that perhaps I need to use the Masterpiece edition. I've been trying it with the original because I thought simpler is better.

#5 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:141809

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Please start a new topic next time as the last post in this one is from 2011 :)

I haven't tried this yet, but it should be possible using a daily build from scummvm as Myst is not officially supported. You can find it at this part of the downloads page Downloads

Otherwise it should work like any other scummvm game, copy over the files from the CD and point scummvm to the folder :) You'll need these files specifically: Datafiles

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users