• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoiled Rotten my food, that is

#1 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

So - I haven't been to my Relto that much recently, surface obligations being what they are. I guess I should have paid a bit more attention to the expiration dates on the food supplies I had stocked there.

Basically everything's ruined. Currently, I've thrown it all in a trash bag to that spiral island (far enough away so I can't smell it). Not sure, should I just push it off the side? I mean, there aren't really that many good spots to dispose of stuff like this, and there isn't anything down there, right?

So in between stock resupplies, anyone happen to have some excess food I can scavenge off of?

On a related note, I had a sleeping bag rolled up in the back, but it apparently also did not like me neglecting it. Anybody have a clue why there's a bunch of holes in it? :D

- G. Loa

#2 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

Sorry it took me so long to find your post, G. Loa. Oh, Relto. The rain is charming at first, but once even your wardrobe is dripping with moisture you know it's too much.

I have some spare food stashed away on the Tokotah Rooftop in one of the boxes. I don't remember which it is, but I'm willing to come help you search for it.

#3 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

View PostLostthyme, on Dec 18 2010, 01:12 PM, said:

Sorry it took me so long to find your post, G. Loa. Oh, Relto. The rain is charming at first, but once even your wardrobe is dripping with moisture you know it's too much.

I have some spare food stashed away on the Tokotah Rooftop in one of the boxes. I don't remember which it is, but I'm willing to come help you search for it.

In Tokotah, you say? :D I think I might have already found that stash. I guess I should have taken more of it - I had thought it was perhaps from the DRC era, so I mostly avoided the more perishable stuff.

Even when it's not raining, my wardrobe has a couple leaks. That might be your problem - the stream for that waterfall, I think - rather than the rain. Just get a tarp or something and stretch it in the back of the wardrobe - or something like that.

Or the moisture is just a mysterious quirk of the place, like my sleeping bag. I went back today and the holes have grown, so now basically ruined. Looks like I'll have to get another one. Maybe set up camp somewhere more predictable. Gahreesehn maybe?

#4 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

I must confess, I use my own Relto only as a library for my Linking Books. It doesn't seem right to leave Books stored in a cave on another Age, does it? They deserve a proper structure. When it comes to living, however, I highly recommend moving away from Relto. While the ability to change up the Age is certainly unique, I find that no matter what changes you make to it, it's simply too small and too high up for me to live in day in and day out. (It also ruins one's circadian rhythm!) I've taken up permanent residence in my own Eder Gira instead.

-Capella

(Addendum: if anyone has found a light blue metal knitting needle, which was lost somewhere in the vicinity of the Library in Ae'gura, would they let me know?)

#5 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

View PostCapella, on Dec 18 2010, 01:52 PM, said:

I must confess, I use my own Relto only as a library for my Linking Books. It doesn't seem right to leave Books stored in a cave on another Age, does it?

Well, I'd do that if I could. I don't trust the bahro meddling around with all my linking books. I mean, nothing bad about them or stuff, but I'd prefer my books left alone. I never really had that much trouble living in Relto. Pretty nice climate, with the rain off, and during the day you'd be off somewhere else anyway for half the time.

I don't particularly like Eder Gira - for habitability, I mean (it's a fun and beautiful place to be around - just like Hawaiian volcanoes are - but I wouldn't want to live in either one). I'd stick to Kemo, but then there's the rain again. Would people mind if I set up in the 'hood Delin?

Is the needle metal? I have a metal detector and a couple big electromagnets sitting around for some odd reason (I'm sure I had some reason for bringing those with me one time, but I can't really remember). Might be quicker than just searching for it (although if it's near the Library, it might have just fallen off into a chasm or off into the lake somewhere).

#6 User is offline   Cactus Wren 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01530661

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

Capella -- what size needle? Single or double point? I might be able to come up with a suitable replacement. If it's a dpn, I got the Knitpicks Harmony wood set for Christmas and they come in sets of six, so I can offer you one of those.

Gloa, I certainly hope there's no one "down there" to be troubled by what drops from my own Relto, as that's my conventional way of disposing of my leavings (and of dealing with calls of nature). Also, a ball of Blue Moon Marine Silk rolled away from me at my bench and off the edge, but I'm still using it: I just tug a few meters up, knit away, pull more up and knit. It's clean and not even damp.

Are you still in need of supplies? I have a loaf of bread, a half-dozen eggs, some broccoli, green onions, a stick of butter (in Tupperware), a Mountain House macaroni dinner, some freeze-dried ice-cream, and half a Collin Street Bakery fruitcake. And some tangerines.

#7 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on Dec 19 2010, 01:04 PM, said:

[I'd stick to Kemo, but then there's the rain again. Would people mind if I set up in the 'hood Delin?

I would do inside the jouney doo. You only need:
-A nitelite
- Another door opposite the current one.
Why another door? sleepwalking/rolling, which leads to sleep linking (if you are a heavy sleeper), which leads to rolling off the edge in the bahro cave to your death (unless you use a relto book, but let's assume for safety's sake you are a VERY heavy sleeper.)
or maybe that little room in kemo that leads to the Gira book. That seems better. Just install a door.

#8 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

View PostCactus Wren, on Dec 25 2010, 03:49 PM, said:

Capella -- what size needle? Single or double point? I might be able to come up with a suitable replacement. If it's a dpn, I got the Knitpicks Harmony wood set for Christmas and they come in sets of six, so I can offer you one of those.

Gloa, I certainly hope there's no one "down there" to be troubled by what drops from my own Relto, as that's my conventional way of disposing of my leavings (and of dealing with calls of nature). Also, a ball of Blue Moon Marine Silk rolled away from me at my bench and off the edge, but I'm still using it: I just tug a few meters up, knit away, pull more up and knit. It's clean and not even damp.

Are you still in need of supplies? I have a loaf of bread, a half-dozen eggs, some broccoli, green onions, a stick of butter (in Tupperware), a Mountain House macaroni dinner, some freeze-dried ice-cream, and half a Collin Street Bakery fruitcake. And some tangerines.

Thanks, I've gotten regular supplies again. Tangerines sound pretty good, though.

As for living in the Kemo covered areas, they still get pretty drafty and damp when it rains.

#9 User is offline   Cactus Wren 

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

I've got a mixed bag here, Gloa -- half a dozen tangerines, a couple of tangelos, a few Arizona Sweets (juice oranges but also good for eating, very low in acid), and a lemon in case you have a use for it. I'll leave it under the DRC's table in the Library.

If anyone finds a center-pull skein of (purple) mixed alpaca and silk near the Ferry Terminal, please let me know.

I've been more fortunate than many, it seems, as my wardrobe has not leaked at all. I've taken a sleeping bag to my Relto as well, and am using the raised area under my closer-to-the-dock bookcase as a sleeping platform -- it's next to the fireplace, which radiates warmth right through the wall.

#10 User is offline   Cactus Wren 

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS? Who's been to my Relto? I just found a Santa Claus hat in my wardrobe. A PURPLE Santa Claus hat.

#11 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:33 AM

WEIRD! I have a blue one. I know we should enslave the bahro... :D

#12 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

When Cactus Wren gives you lemons, make lemonade! Or ooh, make lemon ice cream!

As for the hat, apparently, bahro Santa Claus dresses all in black.

Fairly easy to find a trade out for somebody who had a red cap, though, and now I feel less goth. Also, it doesn't have holes in the trim. This hole-ness seems to be spreading from my sleeping bags into quite a lot of stuff in my wardrobe.

#13 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• KI number:06868707

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:18 PM

I haven't been able to visit for ages! Santa Hats invading the wardrobes you say? I really better had get back down there and find out whats been going on!

Since we're talking about our Relto's, has anyone got a recording of the K'veer tune for the player? I really love Kadish Gallery and the other, but they get a bit tedious after a while.

My tree must be nearly full size now too! Maybe I could build a treehouse....or chop it down and build a log cabin...or more bridges to the other islands!

Oh Well, one day I'll have time to carry out some projects on Relto. Wish we could find the Laki'ahn linking book, I'd like to move onto that island...more room for bedrooms and studies! I guess I'll just have to keep punting around Ae'guira an surrounds.

TB

PS Happy New Year to all

#14 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

Maybe if I stole found some other recorder, I'd get a recording of that for you. I don't want to displace my fitting thematic music, though.

#15 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

Possible thought for a new recorder: try removing the cannen from Relto by picking it up and linking to another Age. Leave cannen there. Deactivate and reactivate related Relto page. See if new cannen appears (or if your own cannen mysteriously teleported back). If the former, profit. If the latter, attempt to figure out how that happened.

#16 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

View PostCapella, on Jan 1 2011, 09:13 AM, said:

Possible thought for a new recorder: try removing the cannen from Relto by picking it up and linking to another Age. Leave cannen there. Deactivate and reactivate related Relto page. See if new cannen appears (or if your own cannen mysteriously teleported back). If the former, profit. If the latter, attempt to figure out how that happened.

Plan stalled at Step One: try removing the cannen from Relto. I don't know about yours, but mine seems quite fixed to the ground. I can't see any obvious screws or anything, but it seems firmly attached. It might even be wired into the ground too - we don't know if it doesn't get power and/or send its information to other areas through wires or anything.

#17 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

If the cannen does have wires of some kind, that could mean that there is some sort of civilization or power source below me on the mountain! I'm going to refrain from throwing any waste off the side of my island until I get this thing disassembled.

Okay, I left the laptop running while I was away during my disassembling efforts. I can safely say that I found no way to remove, open, or otherwise figure out my cannen. But I did manage to put it on a loop. I guess I won't be sleeping on my Relto anymore. :D

I'll be camped out on the Tokotah rooftop with my food if anyone needs me. If I remember, there's a cot up there...

#18 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

View PostLostthyme, on Jan 5 2011, 02:02 PM, said:

If the cannen does have wires of some kind, that could mean that there is some sort of civilization or power source below me on the mountain! I'm going to refrain from throwing any waste off the side of my island until I get this thing disassembled.

Or there's just a battery or cpu of sorts under the floor, without any involvement of things down in the fogs.

I couldn't ever get to sleep in Tokotah or any of those places - even Descent. Too many people and too much noise from other parts of the cavern.

#19 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

maybe the fog has a mysterious electrical charge... or maybe we are on an island above a civilized age WE ALREADY KNOW...

#20 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

View PostLostthyme, on Dec 18 2010, 04:12 PM, said:

Oh, Relto. The rain is charming at first, but once even your wardrobe is dripping with moisture you know it's too much.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I love rain... ^.^

Haven't been able to get to the cavern lately. Decided it might be best to take a little break, go back home for the holidays. I do miss you guys, though...

And going back to the original post... if there IS a civilization down in Relto, I highly suggest you DON'T drop the food off into the mist below, G. Loa. Don't throw it in any of the ages, either - if any Bahro find that discarded, spoiled food, it could make them sick... Or maybe not, I'm not exactly sure how the Bahro GI tract works... Maybe they have a stronger stomach acid than we do and they'd be fine, I dunno.

Hm... now I'm curious. This requires some Bahro-watching when I get back to the caverns!

... Oh yeah, the food. You could always incinerate it in the Eder Gira lava floe. That would take care of the food and any bacteria in it. And I think I have some spare supplies if you need them, G. Loa.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users