MYSTcommunity: realMYST on Snow Leopard...? - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

realMYST on Snow Leopard...?

#1 User is offline   The Bracks 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

I still have my realMYST for Mac disc from the early 2000s and recently tried to get it running on my mid-2009 15" MacBook Pro, running Mac OS X 10.6.5. It crashes right away in spectacular fashion, every time... :bounce:

Just wondered if anyone else has a Mac and can manage to get realMYST working properly on it anymore. A friend of mine has never played Myst and we were having a hell of a time trying to get original Myst running in SheepShaver without tweaking various system settings every 5 minutes. So I popped the realMYST disc in and was disappointed to find my Mac unhappy with it... I don't want to make him play Myst for the first time on an iPhone. :D

#2 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:141809

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

I don't know a lot about macs, but some people here do and got it working :D

#3 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Just wanted to add, if you are using a Mac Pro, you need to get into your Xcode applications - under optional installs on your OS install disk - and put in the Developers' Kit.

Inside the tools folder is an Intel Processor PreferencesPane that you install, and with it you can turn off all but ONE core. realMyst will not launch otherwise.

Deb.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users