MYSTcommunity: Need some references for my epic crossover fic. - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need some references for my epic crossover fic. Looking for Myst character speech transcripts.

#1 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

Okay, so back in October I posted a thread about how I planned on crossing over the Batman universe with the Myst one by making the Joker be the Stranger. The title is currently set as "Stranger", not only for the name of the character in the Myst universe but for the other meanings of the word - that is, that this is a 'stranger' version of the typical story, that the Joker is so much more out of place in the Myst universe than even we would be (literally a stranger to this world), etc. It covers games one through four, and each section of the story that covers the games is divided into "books". This is a compromise of other titles I came up with using the "Myst: The Book of X" formula.

I've started writing this, and I'm working at the first part as we speak. What I need is some good sites to copy the character speech transcripts from, since I haven't played the games in a good long while (outside of LPing the first three, but that's hardly anything like playing them consistently). I really want authenticity here, especially since I'll not only be including references to Batman comic events but possibly some Joker quotes, so any references I can get would be really great. :D I think I recall most of Saavedro's speeches, but others, like Yeesha, the brothers, Atrus, and Catherine will be from references. I know MystLore has some transcripts, but not all. Again, any reference sites are appreciated. :bounce:

#2 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:141809

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

The archived D'ni Desk site has some transcripts and dpwr.net too. In between them they probably got most of the speeches, although on dpwr they can be hard to find.

#3 User is offline   Kaelri 

• Red Leader
  • Group: Moderator
  • KI number:49612

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

I think they're all here (under "Speeches").

#4 User is offline   Mystress 

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

Thanks you guys. :D I knew there was one site that had 'em but I couldn't remember which... I've been out of the Myst loop for so long...

Luna, your first link isn't working for me. Fix?

#5 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:141809

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

View PostMystress, on Jan 2 2011, 07:09 AM, said:

Luna, your first link isn't working for me. Fix?

link: http://web.archive.org/web/20071009184317/...m/refindex.html
as it is a webarchive it can be slow to load and sometimes not work at all :/ but it does work for me now, so the link is okay. It is just their servers...

#6 User is offline   Mystress 

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

Thanks, link works fine now Luna. Your previous one still doesn't... which is odd, because I think it's the same one. And I can't see anything wrong with your tags/link either... Weird.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users