MYSTcommunity: Turning on roof antenna - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Turning on roof antenna Waterwheel already turned on...

#1 User is offline   phvolt220 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

Hello all, nice to be here! :cones: I first learned about Myst in October after watching a great walkthrough of realMYST on YouTube. Since then, I've watched a walkthrough on Riven and completely played through Exile with the Prima guide. Starting on Revelation, I decided to try going through it without any help and I've already got stuck without leaving Tomanha! :bounce:

So I got the waterwheel going by maniplating the power box, and then some strange explosion happened and Yeesha dissapeared. I'm back at the study set on turing on the roof antenna to signal Atrus with the crystal viewer and found an illustration linking the "moving chair and telescope-loking" thing to something that looks like an antenna. But while I'm in the chair and position it to the base of the "telescope," the red button on the right arm doesn't work and I find everything inoperable. I know there is electricity correctly flowing everywhere in Tomanha since I checked the power box again and all are set to their correct levels with green, but what am I missing here? :D

#2 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

View Postphvolt220, on Jan 6 2011, 04:59 PM, said:

Hello all, nice to be here! :cones: I first learned about Myst in October after watching a great walkthrough of realMYST on YouTube. Since then, I've watched a walkthrough on Riven and completely played through Exile with the Prima guide. Starting on Revelation, I decided to try going through it without any help and I've already got stuck without leaving Tomanha! :bounce:

So I got the waterwheel going by maniplating the power box, and then some strange explosion happened and Yeesha dissapeared. I'm back at the study set on turing on the roof antenna to signal Atrus with the crystal viewer and found an illustration linking the "moving chair and telescope-loking" thing to something that looks like an antenna. But while I'm in the chair and position it to the base of the "telescope," the red button on the right arm doesn't work and I find everything inoperable. I know there is electricity correctly flowing everywhere in Tomanha since I checked the power box again and all are set to their correct levels with green, but what am I missing here? :D

There might be a more local switch or something you have to hit - perhaps in the room itself - first? Night Tomahna is a rather hazy memory for me, I'm afraid, so I'm just sort of guessing (I was too terrified by the place).

#3 User is offline   phvolt220 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

Thanks, Ghen, I'll try scouring the study again. I didn't notice the elevator until my second look at the room, so I probably missed something else also. Do you know anything else that you can elaborate on this local switch, like perhaps where it would be located?

#4 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

View Postphvolt220, on Jan 6 2011, 05:31 PM, said:

Thanks, Ghen, I'll try scouring the study again. I didn't notice the elevator until my second look at the room, so I probably missed something else also. Do you know anything else that you can elaborate on this local switch, like perhaps where it would be located?

I'm really just guessing from vague probably culprit memories, so keep in mind that I could be completely wrong about things. There's a paper that you can look at nearby the seat - and move it to look at the paper behind that. Maybe it clarifies? Maybe there's something closer to the crystal imager itself, or something on the railing connected to the chair and around the elevator and such?

Try looking around for those, and for any other leads you might have. Hopefully someone with a bit more of a clue notices the thread soon. :D

#5 User is offline   realXCV 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on Jan 6 2011, 08:47 PM, said:

Maybe there's something closer to the crystal imager itself, or something on the railing connected to the chair and around the elevator and such?

Maybe there's a lever between between the chair and the crystal viewer.

#6 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Oh Yahvo, I can't remember Myst IV to save my life, I never played it as often and haven't played it for over a year now!

... okay just looked some stuff about the game up. Look around - what can you find?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users