• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Interests fields in posts

#1 User is offline   300happy 

• some creep who still lurks
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00060309

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hey, noticed MC got a pretty big update. While I was getting used to the new layout, I couldn't help but notice that the Interests fields are now displayed on the right for every single member, every time they post.

Now, maybe mine is a tad bit long... :rolleyes: but...

On the old board, that field was only displayed on the users profile page...which in my humble opinion was a much better way of doing it. It's kind of silly having it repeated down the page if two members keep discussing something in a thread, and personally, I'd rather have to click on the member name to pull up the information.

Is there either a setting I can set to make that dissapear, or perhaps we should get rid of displaying it by the posts entirely? It just doesn't make much sense to me to have it on every single post ever. :)

One other minor issue is that the html is no longer parsed for this field, which as mine demonstrates, makes a lot of a mess for the older profiles that had full interests filled out. It's easy enough to edit out, but I can see that being messy for members who only pop in every couple of months, or old profiles of members who might rejoin years after they left.

Other then that and the whole getting used to the new look of things, the new board look is pretty snazzy. I must say congrats to the team for upgrading us! Though you've probably heard that a billion times already.

#2 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

My solution for your issue was that I just deleted everything from my interests field and moved it to my "about me" tab on my profile page. :)

#3 User is offline   Free Bird 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin
  • KI number:343012

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

I noticed that I haven't updated my interests field in years (I'd *WISH* I could get those interest rates now :rolleyes: )...

#4 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

That's what I did, too, LostThyme. I also brought it up to the admins/mods, so we can figure out what to do about it, because it stretches the post area sometimes.

#5 User is offline   Kaelri 

• Red Leader
  • Group: Moderator
  • KI number:49612

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

Moderator Note

Discussion of upgrade-related issues is continuing here. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users