• KI number:01530661

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

What set them off? How many are there?

#2 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

Maybe it's some sort of elaborate Bahro courting ritual, or maybe they're protesting something. We never can know, really, there's so much to understand about them still...

#3 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:55 AM

I'd say they're on strike! :chairfall:

#4 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:02 AM

Haha. Hehehe. At first, I thought that "Okay, I am now officially terrified by Cactus Wren" was all one title. :rotflol:

This is just a wild guess, but I only know one person who could make the kind of changes to an Age that we saw earlier this week, and still keep it stable...

You think that maybe Yeesha has returned?

#5 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

This is why I don't spend much time in the cavern. It's a dangerous place down there. :scared:

#6 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

One of theories flying around while I was down there was that we drew them out of hiding when we made the lake brighter. Hurt their eyes and such. I certainly hope we didn't make them mad.

#7 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

If Yeesha was involved in holding back the Bahro, and now the Bahro are back, and odd events are occurring, I'm inclined to agree with Zenoc that perhaps something's changed with that balance of power.

#8 User is offline   Kaelri 

• Red Leader
  • Group: Moderator
  • KI number:49612

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

I've been spending some time in the Cleft and K'veer, trying to contact her. (It's never worked before, but hope springs eternal.) If you see people forming human spirals in the city, please do let me know...

#9 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • KI number:141809

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

I think... I don't really think anything. I do not feel scared when I am in the city even with the Bahro, but I don't feel scared a lot. I'll just wait and see.

#10 User is offline   Mystress 

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

When I was down there I saw a lot of people sitting down near the entrance to the link-in point, and some had even managed to clamber up on top of the rocks and were sitting there, as if they were sleeping... I wonder almost if that's what they were intending to do - contact Yeesha again. If not that, it could be that the Bahros' powers are influencing people strangely. I myself had a feeling not unlike fatigue set in as soon as I linked into Ae'Gura. I think something very serious is going on, perhaps a war. God only knows; let's hope it's NOT a battle...

#11 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

View PostMystress, on 23 January 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

When I was down there I saw a lot of people sitting down near the entrance to the link-in point, and some had even managed to clamber up on top of the rocks and were sitting there, as if they were sleeping... I wonder almost if that's what they were intending to do - contact Yeesha again. If not that, it could be that the Bahros' powers are influencing people strangely. I myself had a feeling not unlike fatigue set in as soon as I linked into Ae'Gura. I think something very serious is going on, perhaps a war. God only knows; let's hope it's NOT a battle...

I've noticed that as well, Mystress. Every time I link in, as I watch the Cavern fill up, everyone seems to gravitate to the top of the Great Stair (is that what it's called? It seems like there are a lot of things down here with the prefix "Great") looking out towards the Arch in a daze, part fascination and part dread.

#12 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

I have a feeling that Mystress' hypothesis might be right, though exagerated. There may be some "brawls" between the Bahro, but I strongly doubt that explorers will be hurt or involved in some way.

#13 User is offline   Cactus Wren 

• shokhootahn (instructor)

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

As Mystress said, they are not human. They think as well as we do, certainly, but they do not think the way we do. This could be a council of war, or a ceremony before they set out to destroy all humans in the Cavern. It could be the Bahro equivalent of a corporate meeting, or a wedding, or a wake. Or -- and more and more I suspect this -- it could be something we'll never understand. (How would you explain to a Bahro about, say, the Pennsic Wars? I can't even explain them to most humans I know.)

#14 User is offline   Mystress 

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

Whatever it is, it's not helping our fellow explorers much... Though it's not hurting anyone all that much, either. All the same, it's incredibly eerie to see them all gathered like this, and to link in expecting to talk with another explorer about this incredible, awe-inspiring Bahro gathering, only to have the explorer stare right through you, and beyond...

#15 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• KI number:06868707

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

I'm going down shortly. I wasn't around during the original Bahro wars....I'm intrigued.....but I guess wish me luck is more the correct request! May the Keeper keep me safe, and by the Grower I hope they haven't all flown away again!

#16 User is offline   Mystress 

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

They should still be there, Topher, but please be careful. Bring a friend if possible...

#17 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

View PostMystress, on 26 January 2011 - 04:32 PM, said:

They should still be there, Topher, but please be careful. Bring a friend Relto book/other books too probably, to link away quickly if necessary if possible...

Friends are just more collateral damage (unless you more exceptionally powerful or skilled friends than I have).

#18 User is offline   Mystress 

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

You know, G. Loa, I never thought of it that way... by all means, bring an extra Relto book or age book - we can't afford another Wheeley incident. That would devastate the explorer community too much at this point - there's so few of us now as it is...

#19 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• KI number:06868707

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

I went, I saw, I linked back home!

Yes, I saw the Bahro in the distance. They just circled! I tried shouting out to them as well!! nothing. They took no notice.

The other explorers down there did not seem at all bothred, or even interested! tried to ask if they'd heard if the Bahro had been seen in any other ages. About the only response I got was someone saying he thought one of their names was Colin!! which I took to be a joke of course.

I can't see how they are scary...just a bit like a few bats, and I like bats. The sounds, although essentially scary, I didn't find very threatening at all.

All in all, a very uneventful trip to the cavern.

oh well, keep me posted if anything else does happen. I'm still trying to be able to find the time to link down when the Tetsonot link is active...I keep missing it! it is the last stone for my pillar too. Everytime I look at it, it annoys me that it remains un finished.

Anyone want to try and fix a boat and sail out to the Arch?

I'm scared of water mind you!

#20 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

View PostTopher Bear, on 27 January 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

Anyone want to try and fix a boat and sail out to the Arch?

It would probably be easier to bring a boat from the surface. That's what I did in Ahnonay. Since I'm not that great of a swimmer, I linked in with a canoe over my shoulders. :)

#21 User is offline   Mystress 

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

I linked in with a canoe over my shoulders. :)

But wouldn't that be more difficult? :rotflol:

I say bring an inflatable raft from the surface. Just be careful. The Bahro are extremely powerful creatures; even Yeesha doesn't know the true extent of their abilities...

#22 User is offline   Cactus Wren 

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

View PostMystress, on 26 January 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

You know, G. Loa, I never thought of it that way... by all means, bring an extra Relto book or age book - we can't afford another Wheeley incident. That would devastate the explorer community too much at this point - there's so few of us now as it is...

It might do worse than "devastate". I wasn't among the explorers at the time of Wheeley's death, but I do know that another similar incident might trigger something ... unfortunate. If there's one thing I know about my species, it's that we can be very, very nasty when we're mad ... and we tend to forget things, like trying to make a distinction between "good Bahro" and "bad Bahro".

#23 User is offline   Mystress 

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

That's definitely a legitimate concern, Wren. I just worry that someone will take something wrong on either side of either species, or someone will get hurt. It's been days now, and the Bahro are showing no signs of stopping...

I did write a poem about the incident, by the way, if anyone's interested. With so many strange goings on in the Cavern, it's as inspiring as it is frightening!

#24 User is offline   Andrewnuva199 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member
  • KI number:00209849

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

I dropped by last weekend.

Looking at those Bahro, and looking at these posts now, I felt like I should've been wary, that I should watch myself for the next couple of Age travels. But all I felt was amazement and wonder. It's not everyday you see this sort of thing.

I mean, I've read about what we know of the Bahro's past, their abilities, and what they've been up to since they were freed, but I don't think its sunk in for me that these creatures exist. That they're suffering a schism that could endanger us all in Earth, Releeshean, and the other Ages out there. I more or less got Linking ages (no pun intended) ago and have learned to just take the whole Yeesha thing in stride. But this...

I guess I can say it as being still too amazed at the concept of the Bahro themselves to be afraid of whatever they're doing around Kerath's Arch.

#25 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • KI number:141809

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:45 AM

The DRC has finally come with an official message about it. It was a hoax. Again. http://forums.drcsit...6fac3fb95#46614

Dr Watson said:

Explorers,

Recently explorers experienced some strange sights in the cavern, raising some concerns about whether the Bahro were returning to the Cavern in larger numbers, among other things. Fortunately, our investigation has determined that Yeesha and the "friendly Bahro" are still keeping the "bad Bahro" at bay, and the sights in the cavern were a very convincing, elaborate hoax.

In the meantime, other explorers have asked for permission to set up a specific neighborhood to perform similar shows for those explorers who are interested. The DRC members have been in discussions and have decided to allow this. Two new neighborhoods will be created - "The Hood of Illusions", where illusionists and special effects designers can schedule demonstrations of their abilities, and "The Fun House" where various illusions and special effects can displayed at any time.

We hope these compromises will encourage cooperation between explorers no matter what stance they hold on whether these displays should be allowed in the Cavern.

Be careful down there,

Dr. Watson

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users