• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Okay, I am now officially terrified

#26 User is offline   Mystress 

• "Crazy" is a relative term...
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01792588

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

I'm still not so sure. Those sure looked and sounded like real Bahro to me...

#27 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

That's a pretty impressive hoax. I wonder if the illusionists used D'ni hologram technology.

I also started to wonder if the bahro have been nothing more than an illusion all along, but that way lies madness, paranoia, and, judging by the history section of my local bookstore, lucrative publishing deals if I can work the Templars and Atlantis into it somehow.

#28 User is offline   Cactus Wren 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • KI number:01530661

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:59 AM

Hoax? Hoax, my overfed denim-clad backside.

Okay. I'm willing to grant that some sort of projection could have changed the color of the air, or made it appear that the Arch was in a different place. But the Bahro? How do you "hoax" thirty or forty Bahro endlessly circling and screaming in the distance: volunteers with hang-gliders? There's something we're not being told.

#29 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

View PostCactus Wren, on 05 February 2011 - 02:59 AM, said:

Okay. I'm willing to grant that some sort of projection could have changed the color of the air, or made it appear that the Arch was in a different place. But the Bahro? How do you "hoax" thirty or forty Bahro endlessly circling and screaming in the distance: volunteers with hang-gliders? There's something we're not being told.

So wait, small moving images projected in the distance (and we even have had video footage of such things before, so there's not too much work having to fake up slides of the thing) are difficult to hoax compared to projecting images all around people (and to quite a large area) that appear real to close inspection?

#30 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on 05 February 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

So wait, small moving images projected in the distance (and we even have had video footage of such things before, so there's not too much work having to fake up slides of the thing) are difficult to hoax compared to projecting images all around people (and to quite a large area) that appear real to close inspection?

I have to agree with Gloa. The bahro were so far away that I even missed them at first glance. On my footage of them they could even be mistaken for some angry looking birds.

#31 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

What about the things in The Fun House?

#32 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

Relax guys, the Bahro are just upset because we're relocating D'ni so we can continue construction on our new large hadron collider. They're really over-reacting anyway. You guys are just going to move a few block that way and we won't be on top of you, just neighbors! :D

#33 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

View PostAaronAKAAtrus, on 05 February 2011 - 10:47 PM, said:

What about the things in The Fun House?

Unless one decided to show up to greet all the explorers from the All Guilds Meeting, I'm guessing that one was another illusion, probably being controlled by that orange-haired boy.

#34 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • KI number:141809

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:14 AM

View PostZenoc2, on 07 February 2011 - 04:28 PM, said:

Unless one decided to show up to greet all the explorers from the All Guilds Meeting, I'm guessing that one was another illusion, probably being controlled by that orange-haired boy.

I don't think he is doing it all alone though, he is just more...visible (it is the hair, I guess :p )

#35 User is offline   Cactus Wren 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • KI number:01530661

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:04 AM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on 05 February 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

(nods thoughtfully) You have a point Maybe it's my paranoia talking, or my generation, but I tend to grow suspicious when I'm told that something publicly visible, something witnessed by dozens -- possibly hundreds -- of people over a period of many days, was just swamp gas.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users