MYSTcommunity: Moiety Assassins - MYSTcommunity

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »

Moiety Assassins Throw 'em to the wahrks!

#1 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

Loosely based on the party game Werewolves of Millers Hollow / Mafia, I bring you a new forum game!

Players take the roles of innocent Rivenese villagers... or mostly innocent. Two of the villagers, unbeknownst to their fellow kinsmen, are spies and assassins of the dread Black Moiety! When night falls, they attack the innocent villagers, killing off one each night. When day comes, you must find out who you suspect - who among you are the assassins? Every day, Gehn (or, if killed off, the next Village Leader) can lead the villagers in their decision on who to throw to the wharks in an attempt to remove these murderous rebels from the innocent village.

Gloa's worked out all of the rules and I'll be your Narrator. You have a week to join in, but we need at least 7 players to start. If this trial run is successful, we can always play again to give others a chance to join in.

Rules (perhaps in spoilers?)
-
When the game starts, the Narrator will send a PM to each player, giving them their roles. These are the roles:

Innocent Villager: These villagers have no special powers, aside from their skill at basket weaving.

Moiety Assassins 1 and 2: Infiltrating the ranks of Rivenese society, the Moiety are trying to win Riven for themselves only. Every night, they meet up to kill off another villager (giving their decision via PM to the Narrator). Assassin 1 suggests who to kill to Assassin 2, who either aggrees and forwards the PM to the Narrator, or disagrees and sends it back to Assassin 1 with another suggestion (then assassin 1 can agree or disagree). There may only be one assassin if only a few people join in.

The Scribe: The scribe is a brilliant detective! Using his/her brilliant mind, the scribe searches for clues during the night. He/she may pick (via PM to the Narrator) one player each night, upon which they learn that player’s role(s). They may claim that they know this knowledge because they are the scribe... but so can everyone else. After all, the robes are fairly easy to fake.

Matchmaker: On the first night only, the matchmaker can PM the Narrator and pick two players who should fall in love. These players are notified about who their lover is and cannot attempt to kill them via any means. If one dies, the other wastes away and dies as well. If one of the lovers is a Moiety, the only way the couple can be happy is if they are the only ones left alive.

Vigilant Maintainer: The Vigilant Maintainer can decide to protect any individual during the night by sending a PM to the Narrator. If there is an attempt on that person’s life, the attempt fails. The Vigilant Maintainer may choose to stay in safety and protect himself only (otherwise, he’s still vulnerable to attack), or to not protect anyone. Since he still needs to sleep, he can only protect a player every other night.

Crafty Jailbreaker: The jailbreaker can break Gehn’s jail once in the game. They declare this by PM to the Narrator after hearing who got thrown to the wharks. It is announced the next day that - surprise! the person who they had thrown to the wharks was a fake! The jailbreaker had broken in and replaced them with a decoy.

Cho: Cho holds Gehn’s heek gun at all times. If Cho is killed, either by execution or moiety assassination, Cho may declare in the thread his attack on another player, taking that player down with him.

Egoist: This player must say the name of their role every day (whether they are villager, maintainer, moiety, or whatever). They can attempt to disguise this in any way (e.g. “we still have to throw the MOIETY to the wharks”), but it must be said directly (no spoiler tags, no acronyms, no broken up words). [this role would be given along with another role]

The Narrator will also announce who is Gehn - the leader of the village.

Gehn: Gehn is the leader of the Rivenese villagers. When the decision comes to throw suspects to the wharks, Gehn can lead the discussion, and call a vote at any time (after which no new comments trying to sway the opinion of others may be posted). Gehn also gets two votes. If Gehn is killed by the villagers for being a Moiety, the role will pass on to another member of the group. The list of succession for Gehn’s role will be published upon starting the game. (Nota Bene: If Gehn is killed the role is passed on to the next player in the list of successors and is called simply Village Leader.)

The game will then alternate through two stages: Night and Day

The Narrator will announce Night. By PM, those players who have powers that they can use at night will PM the Narrator their decisions (example: the Moiety Assassins decide who to kill, secretly in PMs, and send the decision on to the narrator via PM).

When all PMs are received and everything is ready, the Narrator will announce Day. The murder of the last night will be revealed, and discussion will be opened. At this time, all currently alive players (dead players have to stay silent) may give their theories on who the killers are. When Gehn (or, if Gehn has been killed, the Village Leader) decides that the discussion has gone on long enough, that player will post “I am calling a vote”. After this, no more discussion aside from “I vote to throw [name] to the wharks.” (or “I vote to not throw any villager to the wharks”) is allowed. When everyone has cast their vote, the unlucky person voted off is thrown to the wharks, and the village falls back into an uneasy rest.

No discussion by dead players (so there’s a point in killing off people who might know the assassin’s secrets).

No discussion or arguments of who to kill after Gehn or the Village Leader has declared a vote.

No PM or other conversations between players to discuss matters (aside from the assassins, lovers, and Narrator-player PMs).

You can “reveal” your role in game... but only IC. No assurance of any claims in game actually being true (so you may say you are the Detective and know who the assassins are... or you may be an assassin trying to fool the village).

Since this is a trial round, rules may be subject to change. If you want to join, just comment on this thread!

This post has been edited by Lostthyme: 31 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

#2 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

Funnily enough, we played about 10 rounds of Are You A Werewolf? last night at CIF. Only we had much fewer roles and less rules, and it was less Myst-y. This sounds like fun and I want to see how it plays out! Count cat in. The addition of Matchmaker, Cho, and the Jailbreaker sound complicated, but it should be interesting.

#3 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

I'll join, of course.

#4 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

Count me in.

#5 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

I'll play.

#6 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

I'll play!

#7 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

View PostCapella, on 23 January 2011 - 06:20 PM, said:

Funnily enough, we played about 10 rounds of Are You A Werewolf? last night at CIF. Only we had much fewer roles and less rules, and it was less Myst-y. This sounds like fun and I want to see how it plays out! Count cat in. The addition of Matchmaker, Cho, and the Jailbreaker sound complicated, but it should be interesting.

Well, the amount of roles present at any one time will vary on how large the group is. With a small group, we might not see that many in play (and will not know which ones are in play).

#8 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

Two more days to join in! I'm hoping to get at least two more people, but I guess we could do it with just 5.

#9 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

View PostLostthyme, on 27 January 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

Two more days to join in! I'm hoping to get at least two more people, but I guess we could do it with just 5.

It seems like an appropriate number. :D But to the lurkers out there, if you're even thinking about playing, join! This looks like it'll be best with more people.

#10 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

Okay, some roles will be cut, but 5 is a grand number. :D

I'll get to work with assigning roles and PM them to you tonight. I'll kick it off tomorrow with the first post. If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me.

#11 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:40 AM

So I guess it's too late for me to join? :p
Too bad, I'll read! XD This looks great! ^^
[edit) oh, sweet! Thanks for adding me in there, LT! :D [/edit]

#12 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

~M O I E T Y A S S A S S I N S~Capella | Gehn, lord of Ages | aander91 | AaronAKAAtrus | Zenoc2 | Allatwan

The village is silent as the first stars of evening begin to flicker in the violet sky. The villagers gather in the now derelict schoolhouse, shifting uneasily. It has been two weeks since the Moiety issued their ultimatum. They has sworn to pick off one villager per night as punishment for their subservience to Zenoc2 (Gehn). Only six now remain out of dozens, including Zenoc. Dark circles sag under their eyes, and their foreheads are creased with worry. Gone are the laughing voices of children, gone are the warm moments with friends. The wahrk gallows creaks ominously as a constant reminder of the dead around them, silhouetted against rock walls of the village.

The five villagers cluster around the far wall of the schoolhouse. Zenoc was holed away in his hiding place. Most of them had seen him but once or twice in their lifetimes, his might and majesty making regular contact inappropriate. The furniture is overturned from a frantic attack the previous week that lead to the disappearance of all of the children. A notice is posted on the wall of the schoolhouse, written in the hand of Zenoc himself. “It has been revealed that there is an assassin living among us,” it reads. “I assure you, this will prove no further threat, and I have taken measures for the safety of every remaining person on this Age. Because of the nightly circumstances, every day I now shall descend to be among you and together we shall call judgement upon the killer and he will be cast to the mighty whark until the killings cease. Should I become incapacitated, AaronAKAAtrus will become Village Leader in my stead. If he should fail, Capella will take over, then aander91, and lastly Allatwan. The last one among you, Gloa, has no need to be on the list because if it comes down to that, he would be the only one left. But let us hope that we do not come to that, for it will have meant that I have failed you, my people.

The five villagers eye each other with distrust. One of the six people on this island, the dreaded killer? The villagers disperse, each to their own home, and the distinct scraping of heavy locks whispers through the village.The step of quiet footsteps patter over the ground, followed by the sound of one of the hut doors opening and closing, but it is too dark to see what was going on, nor did anyone dare to venture out. The lights slowly flicker out, and the night settles in.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

I feel honored by this choice of Lord Zenoc himself...

#14 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

View PostAaronAKAAtrus, on 31 January 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

Erm... excellent, villager of the Fifth Age. Carry on.
:blink:

#15 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

~M O I E T Y A S S A S S I N S~Capella | Gehn, lord of Ages | aander91 | AaronAKAAtrus | Zenoc2 | Allatwan

Posted Image The attacks have been nightly and this night was no exception. Just as the pink fingers of dawn are peeking up over the horizon a strangled cry is heard in one of the huts. After a few minutes of fear and confusion, the others hurry to find the sound. After a few more moments, they find the prone figure of Aander on the floor of his own home. The house is neat, and there are no signs of a struggle. It looks as if Aander was stabbed in his sleep and then rolled off of his cot.

As they bend over him they see that a rough knife is embedded in his side. He is at a weird angle on the ground, so they turn him over, careful to keep their hands clean of the blood.

To their surprise, he's still alive! Just barely, but enough to make the heek clutched in his hands a threat. He was Cho! With his last ounce of strength, Aander raises the heek and fires at...

#16 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

Phewt!

#17 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

~ M O I E T Y A S S A S S I N S ~Capella | Gehn, lord of Ages | aander91 | AaronAKAAtrus | Zenoc2 | Allatwan
The dart hits its mark, and Capella falls dead. They remaining villagers are left standing over their bodies. The heek is out of darts, so taking it would be pointless. With so many dead within such a short amount of time, the villagers must decide who, if anyone, to throw to the wahrk to pay for this horrendous crime. To get away from the scene, they move outside, closing the door behind them.

Zenoc appears to lead the discussion before the decision is made.

#18 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

View PostZenoc2, on 31 January 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

View PostAaronAKAAtrus, on 31 January 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

Erm... excellent, villager of the Fifth Age. Carry on.
:blink:

OMIGOSH! OMIGOSH! LORD ZENOC... GAVE A CONFUSED GLANCE.. TO MEEE!

#19 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

I've lost so much in my life. Well, actually only two villagers so far. Aander, and now you my love -- Capella, you were the only true kindness I have ever known. Watching your life bleed out in my arms… I sometimes wonder what could have been. If any of the villagers could restore you with their powers, I would have it done so in an instant, and leave the rest of the villagers to their own wretched fates.

:pines away and dies of grief, leaving the poor village with only half the numbers they had the previous day:

#20 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:26 AM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on 31 January 2011 - 10:36 PM, said:

I've lost so much in my life. Well, actually only two villagers so far. Aander, and now you my love -- Capella, you were the only true kindness I have ever known. Watching your life bleed out in my arms… I sometimes wonder what could have been. If any of the villagers could restore you with their powers, I would have it done so in an instant, and leave the rest of the villagers to their own wretched fates.

:pines away and dies of grief, leaving the poor village with only half the numbers they had the previous day:

Oooooookayyyy.....................................

#21 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:16 AM

There! Surely, with half of the population gone, the Moiety must be dead by now (now there's some solid logic :p )!

You remaining villagers may discuss the night's events, and what must now be done. In a few moments I will call a vote to decide if anyone should be cast to the Wahrk, and if so, whom.

#22 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

(Sees Aander/Cho dead) Ohmygodaander! :gosh:

(Gasps when Capella dies, watches Gloa leave) Wait, Gloa- OK, never mind...

I'm... Going home...

(Goes home veeery slowly, peering over her shoulders from time to time)

Oh my, I feel... lonely :/

#23 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

It is indeed a tragic time (for you two, at least- I can always write another Age with a bigger village :cool: ), but we must continue moving forward, and decide what must be done next. Perhaps the Moiety are gone, and there is no longer a threat... or perhaps he or she is still among us.

I'm leaving the conversation open for five hours at most (it is a good number, you know :D ). After that, the voting will commence.

#24 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

wait, is Gloa actually dead?

If gloa IS dead, then obviously I'll vote for Allatwan and She'll vote for me, leavig Zenoc to decide.
If gloa FAKED death, then it's possibly a scam to make us think he's a caring RIvenese even though he's an assassin, who we should all vote for so he can DIE. :mad:

#25 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

At ease, strange, overly-dramatic villager. Not to say that I have any weaknesses that I'm hiding (I am Gehn, after all), but I understand the pain of that one villager who seems to be named after me. And, unless he's just inserting a romantic sub-plot as usual, I think there was a Matchmaker at work here. Whether that person is still alive remains to be seen.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users