• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Make your own story This is mine

#1 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:141809

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:51 AM

In a way I have never felt really comfortable on Relto. “Make a home” Yeesha says, but she seems to miss one of the most basic thing about homes. It are often places you choose yourself.
Relto will never be my home.
I find that I cannot explain this very well. It just doesn’t /feel/ as home. And even after I got a desk and my books from the Surface. Even after I had done all I could to make it a home....It still felt like intruding, like I was living in someone else’s home. It feels a bit like that in all the ages really.

So when I heard about a place where you could rent, well rent it is actually free, plots (named “shells” for some weird reason) I decided to go and take a look.
It was a city. An huge city and almost completely empty. Almost /no one/ lives there (probably because it is so empty). It is...creepy in a way. And exactly what I was looking for.

After I wandered around. And around. And around. I finally managed to settle on a plot no one had ‘rented’ yet. Well, someone had rented it, but had given it up again.
Spoiler

It is a nice plot(number 336) in the green, park like district. Although it is winter now so it is more … whitish. There are some trees on the plot and a small pond. There is a note with a D’ni text, left by the last owner, and curiously enough a bowl, plastic I think, high in a tree...

Spoiler

Spoiler

I’m not entirely certain of what I’m going to do there. Building something I guess. And moving stuff.

I’ll see. Maybe I’ll just watch spring coming.

p.s I hear piano music when I am here. Not sure where that comes from but it sounds nice.
Spoiler

#2 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

Be careful. I remain unconvinced of the stability of these explorer-written Ages, and I think that the D'ni note says something more like
Spoiler
, which sounds fairly ominous.

#3 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

It is not explorer written. It is explorer found. But I'll be careful.

OOC(on the note)
Spoiler

#4 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

Cool: I didn't know one could rent such places!
I have actually dreamt of renting a house in Ae'Gura at one point, but I realised that I'd never be able to live away from sunshine :p
I've grown to love my Relto. I mean, I sure get tired of all that pink, but I'm planning on gathering furniture and paraphernalia to decorate it even more. I am also going to paint the walls- I'm thinking of something like henna patterns instead of frescoes.
I planted flowers I brought back from home. I am going to try to take some from other Ages too- especiall exotic-looking ones, to remind me of India.
I also made little "ethnic" decorations that I hang like garlands over the door.
As for my canen, well, I managed to add lots and lots of music in it- though not as much as in my mp3.
However, I did notice that the Cleft's birds dislike Finnish Death Metal :p

#5 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

my relto is fine by me, with a nice '70's clock and a bookshelf full of books (not the linking kind, mind you.) I used to sit on the dock and read, but after i heard a creaking and cracking, i sit on the stone bench. I am trying to make the dock more stable though.

#6 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

Moving in to Ahra Pahts, eh? I'm sure that once its linking books get issued to the general public of explorers, you'll meet some... interesting people there. :D I've got to say, I've never seen a more diverse neighborhood, even though there's no one there whenever I visit.

Be sure to check out Shell 415- those Devokan Trust people are building a really nice place over there.

#7 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

I'm a neighbor to the Devokans, FYI. Unfortunately i have not put anything in my "shell" yet.
Spoiler

#8 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

Linguistic notes:
Spoiler

#9 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:50 AM

View PostZenoc2, on 02 February 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

Moving in to Ahra Pahts, eh? I'm sure that once its linking books get issued to the general public of explorers, you'll meet some... interesting people there. :D I've got to say, I've never seen a more diverse neighborhood, even though there's no one there whenever I visit.

Be sure to check out Shell 415- those Devokan Trust people are building a really nice place over there.

I saw their shell. Not too sure yet what to think of them. All the talk about changing descriptive books, I don't know. I don't trust people easily.

View PostTalashar, on 02 February 2011 - 07:46 PM, said:

Linguistic notes:
Spoiler

Spoiler

#10 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

View Postluna, on 03 February 2011 - 02:50 AM, said:

View PostZenoc2, on 02 February 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

I saw their shell. Not too sure yet what to think of them. All the talk about changing descriptive books, I don't know. I don't trust people easily.

Yeah... if I could Write, I wouldn't trust anyone with my Descriptive Books unless I was sure they knew what they were doing. I don't think Quin will be repeating his experiment, but all the same, better keep your Descriptive Books locked up, and only share your Linking Books.

EDIT: I just visited your Shell, luna. Not sure about that piano music, but it seems something has built a nest in that bowl- it chirped at me whenever I got close!

#11 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

View PostZenoc2, on 06 February 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

but it seems something has built a nest in that bowl- it chirped at me whenever I got close!

Ah, so it wasn't some voice in my head after all :p Yeah I noticed that too, I hope it doesn't mind sharing space. I've been thinking about "borrowing" some cones from the hood and place them around the tree with a notice. We must be scaring the uh.. whatever really bad.

#12 User is offline   luna 

• meh

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Little time I have found to return to my shell as I am busy with the Guild of Messengers and my surface life. I miss the place and the quiet often, and hope to return there soon. At the GoMe there is a discussion about adding a coffee corner/hangout to discuss things, so there at least change /something/ in my shell in the near future.

Apart from that I am still unsure what to do with it. I am thinking about bringing an bird feeding house from the surface so I can feed the critter but beyond that no plans yet.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users