MYSTcommunity: Great Zero Location Images - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Great Zero Location Images

#1 User is offline   Almaron 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:56 AM

Anybody who has done a Great Zero mission will have seen these little pictures; a circle containing a caricature of a significant building in the D'ni cavern. Several of these pictures also are marked on signs in Ae'gura;

*Guild Hall, Palace & Ferry Terminal - Lower Area, Great Stair.
*Guild Hall, Palace - Sutherland Point.
*Concert Hall - Cavern near Concert Hall bridge.
(I recall there's one on the side of the Palace, but I'll need to check that again).
Note that the symbol for the Guild Hall matches the concept art seen of it so far, as well as the large building visible from certain angles; something else enforcing the Guild Hall being located higher up the island.

My question comes from this piece of concept art;Great Zero Screen. The pictures on both sides share the same pattern; Guild Hall, Ferry Terminal, Library (twice), Concert Hall, Palace & an unknown building. Which building is this last symbol supposed to represent? It could be an abstract representation of the interior of the Museum (the triangles representing the sloping roof, and the shape in the middle the railing), as it is one of the areas of Ae'gura that lacks a symbol, along with Tokotah I & II and the Canyon Mall.

#2 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:141809

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:08 AM

Could it be the Bevin? That it is a symbolic representation of the eggroom?

#3 User is offline   Kaelri 

• Red Leader
  • Group: Moderator
  • KI number:49612

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

Maybe the Museum? Reminds me a little of this view.

#4 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

View Postluna, on 19 February 2011 - 03:08 AM, said:

Could it be the Bevin? That it is a symbolic representation of the eggroom?

To me, it looks more like a representation of the fountain. The triangle backgrounds still don't fit, but the base parts look exactly like that.

Other possibilities:
That mysterious building in the intro. (the triangles in the background could represent the Arch appearing behind it)

A part of the palace? A balcony?
Kveer?

#5 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

Not to just add another differing opinion, but it reminds me of Gahreesen and one of the tops of the rotating towers.

#6 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • KI number:141809

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

Just to be sure, you mean Posted Image right?

#7 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:39 AM

That looks very much like the fountain in Bevin to me. I think that the lines above it are actually beams of light from the spotlights around it.

#8 User is offline   Almaron 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:23 PM

Yes, that's the symbol I meant. And yeah, Kaelri, that's sort of what I thought the symbol could be referrring to.

The only problem with it being Bevin is that there already is a symbol for it in the Great Zero on this page. The symbols for Marker Missions 6 & 7 represent Neighbourhoods in general, the symbols for missions 1 & 9 represent Tokotah Courtyard and the Great Stair, and the symbol for mission 13 represents the Great Zero.

It could still be Bevin, if the symbols were changed by Cyan over time, but I don't see why they would, especially since the other symbols remain unchanged.

#9 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

View PostAlmaron, on 19 February 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

Yes, that's the symbol I meant. And yeah, Kaelri, that's sort of what I thought the symbol could be referrring to.

The only problem with it being Bevin is that there already is a symbol for it in the Great Zero on this page. The symbols for Marker Missions 6 & 7 represent Neighbourhoods in general, the symbols for missions 1 & 9 represent Tokotah Courtyard and the Great Stair, and the symbol for mission 13 represents the Great Zero.

It could still be Bevin, if the symbols were changed by Cyan over time, but I don't see why they would, especially since the other symbols remain unchanged.

I think that's probably what happened. The top two symbols in the concept piece also seem to have changed. Cyan might have changed them to make them more recognizable (of course, I wasn't sure what the current Bevin symbols meant until I looked at that Greeters page, but I guess pictures of windows would, to a D'ni, point to a neighborhood faster than a picture of a fountain, which could be anywhere in D'ni).

#10 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

Hmm, I'm really siding with the fountain hypothesis now. The shape, except for the triangles (which are in the right spots for spotlights), fits exactly with the 'hood fountain, and since we know they have markers in the 'hoods...

View PostAlmaron, on 19 February 2011 - 02:23 PM, said:

Well, it's a really confusing symbol. Not that the current one is too much better, but it's an improvement.

#11 User is offline   Almaron 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

The top two symbols in the concept piece also seem to have changed.

They're the same, aren't they? I see the Ferry Terminal has been slightly modified on the left side, but the Guild Hall one is the same; it's even marked on the two signposts in Ae'gura: here.

EDIT: Fixed link

#12 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

View PostAlmaron, on 19 February 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

The top two symbols in the concept piece also seem to have changed.

They're the same, aren't they? I see the Ferry Terminal has been slightly modified on the left side, but the Guild Hall one is the same; it's even marked on the two signposts in Ae'gura: here.

(link isn't working)

I think the confusion is that the Guild Hall icon isn't used in the Great Zero calibration missions (because we don't have access to it). Instead, there's a logo for the Stairs/plaza. Then the Ferry Terminal and Library icons rearranged [none are just in the same order as in the concept] (and there's a slight change to the Ferry Terminal ones, as you note), and a change for the 'hood icon from a fountain to windows apparently. There's also the new icon for the GZ proper.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users