MYSTcommunity: In A Rut - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

In A Rut What I've done (may contain spoilers)

#1 User is offline   fish_wwjd_frog 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:03 AM

Ok, so my husband introduced me to Myst a few months ago, and now I've managed to get my hands on Riven and Exile, too. I've been playing Riven for about a week now, and I'm completely stuck! I don't want spoilers, just hints and nudges in the right direction.

Here's what I've done:

• I found the hidden room with the stone tablets. I know I can push them down, but I don't know what happens yet.
  • I found 4 of the eye stones and listened to their sounds. I assume I'm missing the equivalent of number 1, if there are only 5 stones.
  • I figured out numbers 1-9
  • I found the room with the pebble and colander thing. I can lower it, but I don't know what it does.
  • I figured out the circle room and can get inside the dome that way.

And some of the questions I have:
1. In glancing around without trying to spoil myself, I notice people talking about Gehn's diary. Am I supposed to have this by now?
2. I see a walkway from the island with the colander to the big gold dome on the first island, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to access it! Any nudges here?
3. I wrote down all the symbols (letters, I'm guessing, as there's 26 of them) on the school walls, but I can't translate the board. Am I supposed to? Is it even relevant or is it just another part of the awesome intricacy of the Myst games?
4. I notice that there are 26 letters and 26 stone tablets in the one circle room. Should I be working on a correlation here?
5. What's with the pebble and the colander??? This is one of the first puzzles I came across, and I still can't solve it. It's driving me crazy!

If I'm not on the right track with any of my questions, a push in the right direction would be much appreciated... The dishes are piling up, and I think my poor husband is regretting ever introducing me to the Myst games... :arianna:

#2 User is offline   fish_wwjd_frog 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

Darn, in looking around for hints, I accidentally spoiled myself a bit. Thankfully not much; now I just know where to find the hidden passages in the room with the colander...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users