MYSTcommunity: Spore won't launch - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Spore won't launch

#1 User is offline   Korora 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

There was a problem with the installation (a couple files that it didn't install because they didn't match something else), and I cannot get the m****cripting thing to load. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? Do I have a dud copy?

Eudyptula albosignata

#2 User is offline   Kaelri 

• Red Leader
  • Group: Moderator
  • KI number:49612

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

The easiest fix is to find the files that didn't copy properly and do it yourself. You should find everything more or less intact on the disc, though they might be buried inside really big ZIP files. If you can't find them, then reinstalling is the safest and most reliable option. I wouldn't assume the disk is defective unless you can't get it to work any other way.

#3 User is offline   Korora 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

The problem turned out to be an inferior graphics card. How much does a good graphics card run these days?

Eudyptula albosignata

#4 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

That depends on a variety of factors. For example, what type of card slot do you have? This determines the types of cards you have access to; an older machine with a non-PCI-E slot is going to have a more limited selection of cards than one with a newer motherboard. Then you have to determine what you're intending to run on it and how much future-proofing you want. Without better details on what your hardware can support and what you're intending to run, as well as an estimate of about how much you're willing to spend, it's hard to give you an accurate answer.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users