Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I think Relto is starting to get to me

#1 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

I've always been a little less enamored of Relto when compared to some other explorers. I have to admit the Book is very handy for getting one out of a tight situation, but it's never really felt like a home to me. I can't really explain why, but I think no small part of it is the fact that the sky is always the same. It creeps me out to no end. And this idea that our Reltos are somehow a reflection of us, I thought at first that just meant the fact that we could creatively redecorate them with the pages. But then I think about things like Phil's Relto, how some say it's night because of whatever happened to him, and I wonder. Just how are Reltos supposed to reflect us? Is there perhaps a reason that mine creeps me out?

Anyway, when in Cavern I like to bed down almost anywhere else to avoid sleeping there. Relto's mostly a place to keep my library where no one else can get to it. But I go there just to grab a Book and go, I don't like spending time there. I went there today to go watch fish in Dereno, and I realized I had left my cannen playing for awhile. So I turned off my cannen with the page. Completely disappeared it, there's no trace of it in my Relto. Except that Gehn's theme keeps playing every time I go back. I can't tell you if my Relto is haunted by an angry cannen-spirit, or if I'm starting to lose it. But either way, it's creeping me out. And it's making me wonder about my Relto...

I think I'm going to take my sleeping bag and some food and sleep somewhere else tonight. Probably one of my own Ages, but if I accidentally fall asleep in the 'hood or something, please don't kick me in the head.

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

Could do with a bed and a cooker and a dining table (plus chair) - oh and night-time so you could sleep and maybe an underground bedroom like Gehns with a window looking out onto the Relto clouds and stars (night-time of course).

Hmmm, plus a cupboard to put food and crockery in, and somewhere to wash - a decent bathroom... oh yes, would like to stay in my Relto then...

Otherwise I will have to just pick an age and camp down for the night...

#3 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

That weird "instancing" stuff is what bothers me. I always half-expect some kind of dimensional barrier to come down and suddenly there's a hundred people there with me and the Age is starting to collapse. It gives me the shivers.

Or maybe that's just the birds, which apparently never shut up. :mellow:

#4 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

I'm going to revisit my relto next week. I think I'll take a feather duster. Never seen any spiders, but they seem to be everywhere. And what with all there books being left open there must be thousands of spiders linked to all sorts of ages!

I'll also take a pot of paint I think. I agree with you Capella that relto isn't exactly what i'd call hospitable. Needs some cheering up. I'd build some new cabins or something, but i'm lazy and i'd rather find a page or two with more.

#5 User is offline   Cactus Wren 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • KI number:01530661

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:04 AM

I have a sleeping bag in a corner of my wardrobe, which I unroll under my right-hand bookshelf, the one nearer the dock. The heat from the fireplace radiates right through the wall so it's cozy. The only downside is that I have also to keep a sleep mask there, as I don't sleep well with lights on and Relto is always light. (Yeesha, are you reading this? If you can manage a sunny Cleft and rainy Cleft, surely you can manage a daytime Relto and nighttime Relto.)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users