MYSTcommunity: Myst Blogs Feed: Useful? - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Myst Blogs Feed: Useful?

Poll: Myst Blogs Feed: Useful?

Do you like having the Myst Blogs syndicated forum?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Kaelri 

• Red Leader
  • Group: Moderator
  • KI number:49612

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

As you probably know, we have a board feature that automatically takes new stories from the feed on MystBlogs.com and posts them as threads on MC. Originally, the idea was to offer a convenient way for members to follow voices from around the community without leaving MC. These days, however, posts from Myst Blogs rarely have anything to do with Myst. And recently, there have been a handful of posts which, disclaimer aside, were not really appropriate to appear on MC.

So we're considering whether a change should be made. But before we decide, we want to hear what you think. If there are members who read the syndicated posts regularly and enjoy having them available on MC, we don't want to take away a valuable service before considering your views. On the other hand, if it turns out people do not find it useful, or actively want it gone, we want to know that too. So if you've got an opinion, please let us know how you feel.

(By the way, just to be clear, we're talking specifically about Myst Blogs, not its in-character counterpart Uru Blogs, or the community headlines from Myst Embassy. Unless you've got opinions about those, too - but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :) )

#2 User is offline   Tweek 

• Sentry goin' up!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:38864

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

Well Myst Blogs is a collection of blogs by Myst Fans. It wasn't Myst Blogs about Myst stuff by Myst Fans. The only time it was remotely Myst related was at inception when Deg did some work on it.

#3 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

I don't care too much about most of the Myst Blogs - I don't look into most, and only occasionally are there interesting things (I'm just not a blog watching type in general).

However, I do note that The Starry Expanse has the little [MystBlogs] tag, and I would be rather disappointed if that left. I find it very handy to have that pop up in the feed here so I notice it, and it's definitely Myst relevant and appropriate.

#4 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • KI number:141809

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

I wouldn't mind if Mystblogs is replaced with direct RSS feed from Starry Expanse. That is interesting.

#5 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

I agree with Tweek there. Besides, I barely read any of those- although I admit some of them were interesting.

#6 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

I tend to ignore it (most of the time forgetting it's even there). I go to the Myst Blogs site directly when I want to see what's been posted lately.

#7 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

The only ones I find useful are the Starry Expanse and the GoG Calendar ones.

#8 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • KI number:141809

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

o yeah you may want to keep the GoMe news feed >.> because else we'll nag till you add it again.

#9 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

Remember that we have 2 different syndicated forum. The GoG Calendar and the GoMe feed are from the Myst Headlines feed, which we are keeping, and therefore those would be unaffected. This question specifically and only addresses the MystBlogs personal blogs content. Yes, Starry Expanse is on MB right now, but we could add that syndicated into the Myst Headlines forum.

#10 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:48 PM

Indifferent. I've never looked at them, and not likely to. But they don't get in my way so I don't have a problem being there.

If the content can't be controlled or easily monitored then I can see that it might not fit with the ethos of this being a family friendly site. You could lock it like the adult writing, but then how many would be that interested to still visit it?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users