MYSTcommunity: D'ni Presidential Elections - MYSTcommunity

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2

D'ni Presidential Elections

#1 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

Reviving (in a way) this old thread, but with a different set of rules and such.

Basically, you guys pick out characters and parties to run with, get votes for party nominations, and then face against each other in a general election for President of D'ni. Similar to the old thread, but less complicated.

In more detail:

How to Play

1. Follow these rules, of course.- No PMing or spamming other threads to promote your candidacy. People may use signatures to advertise, and may request others to help them campaign (by producing banners or posters or other things) in threads where that is relevant.- No cheating.- Especially since this is a new game now, do suggest improvements, clarifications, etc.
2.For Voters:
- Anyone may vote. There will be a Primary Election for each party and then a General Election.
- Candidates may vote and are expected to vote for themselves.
- Look around the campaign materials, debates, etc. before making your final decision. Sometimes a candidate may surprise you.

For Campaigners:

Campaign selection.
2a. Pick who you want to campaign as. This will be the character who you will try to get people to vote for to be President.

List (I'll try to keep this somewhat updated with who takes which roles, but do look around to make sure the role hasn't been taken yet even if I haven't updated this list yet).
Spoiler



2b. Select Their Party Affiliation. It doesn't necessarily have to be the most fitting one, but it might be harder to run as a D'ni Nationalist bahro or a Moiety Gehn. Just saying.


Parties:

(right) - The D'ni Nationalist Party: D'ni for the D'ni! (or Ducknee for the Ducknee).
Current Candidates: Esher (Shinkansen)
(center-right) - The Democratic Republican Constitutionalist Party: Safety First.

Current Candidates:
(center-left) - The Pellet Point Party: Together we succeed... someday.
Current Candidates: Cho (Allatwan), Zandi (AaronAKAAtrus)
(left) - The Black Moiety: Reform or Revolution.
Current Candidates: Squee* (Luna), Humphrey the Bahro (Lostthyme)

*Running as a Serenia Party candidate in the Black Moiety nominations.

3. Campaign!

3a. First, campaign for your party’s Primary Campaign. Use in-character posts, campaign posters, whatever you want to convince voters that you (well, your character) is the best candidate for President of Mystcommunityland. Give a description of your platform and what policies you’d support. Debate civilly with other candidates.

3b. If you have won the Primary election for your party (Note: The party with the least support of candidates and voters will not participate in the general election), continue to the General Election as a presidential candidate of the party. Select a Vice President as you wish. Other candidates may continue to give their support for your run for office.

3c. Candidates and other players (even voters who have not selected a character to campaign as) may also suggest Legislation to be voted into law during the Primary Election. Some of these may be voted for in the General Election (majority vote).


(stuff make sense?)
0

#2 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

  • glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 395
  • Joined: 24-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

I'd like to be the PPP Zandi candidate.
0

#3 User is offline   Allatwan 

  • Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 05-January 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Far, far away... At the world's end
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

I'm still hesitating between a few characters at the moment, but you can definitely count me in :)
0

#4 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

View PostAaronAKAAtrus, on 21 June 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'd like to be the PPP Zandi candidate.

Added that to the list.

I should probably set up a candidate list once people start signing up more (to list which candidates are running and stuff), hm..



0

#5 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

  • glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 395
  • Joined: 24-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

Actually, same as Allatwan. Don't check me for a choice yet. I'm trying to decide between PPP Zandi, DRC Ti'ana, or Moeity Atrus. Or some variation thereof. I just want one of those 3 people.
Advantages:
Atrus: Great guy, main character
Ti'ana: Down to earth, nice, motherly
Zandi: Hawaiian shirts, helps you on your journey, likes Peter Gabriel
Disadvantages:
Atrus: Limiting, unapproving of rebuilding, possibly dead
Ti'ana: Destroyed D'ni indirectly, definitely dead
Zandi: Limiting, fat, mysterious (in a uneasy way)
Hmm. Ti'ana's looking pretty good right now. I'll see who others pick first, and who is left.

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on 21 June 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

View PostAaronAKAAtrus, on 21 June 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'd like to be the PPP Zandi candidate.

Added that to the list.

I should probably set up a candidate list once people start signing up more (to list which candidates are running and stuff), hm..

Oh sorry yeah still thinking
0

#6 User is offline   Capella 

  • Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,354
  • Joined: 16-August 03
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

I'm torn between D'ni nationalist Veovis, D'ni nationalist Esher, or Moiety pir bird. (Why is she not an option if squee and wahrk are?)
0

#7 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

View PostAaronAKAAtrus, on 21 June 2011 - 10:31 AM, said:

Actually, same as Allatwan. Don't check me for a choice yet. I'm trying to decide between PPP Zandi, DRC Ti'ana, or Moeity Atrus. Or some variation thereof. I just want one of those 3 people.
Advantages:
Atrus: Great guy, main character
Ti'ana: Down to earth, nice, motherly
Zandi: Hawaiian shirts, helps you on your journey, likes Peter Gabriel
Disadvantages:
Atrus: Limiting, unapproving of rebuilding, possibly dead
Ti'ana: Destroyed D'ni indirectly, definitely dead
Zandi: Limiting, fat, mysterious (in a uneasy way)
Hmm. Ti'ana's looking pretty good right now. I'll see who others pick first, and who is left.

Well, current state of death, age, or various other circumstances won't matter. All characters are at whatever age and stage of life makes the most sense for the player.


View PostCapella, on 21 June 2011 - 10:45 AM, said:

I'm torn between D'ni nationalist Veovis, D'ni nationalist Esher, or Moiety pir bird. (Why is she not an option if squee and wahrk are?)

Forgot the pir birds (and quabs). They're now added. :)



0

#8 User is offline   luna 

  • meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 645
  • Joined: 30-March 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Whenever?
  • KI number:141809

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

I would like to play but as a different party,namely the Serenia Party(left, socialistic)

Posted Image

My candidate is a squee :p
0

#9 User is offline   Allatwan 

  • Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 05-January 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Far, far away... At the world's end
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

I'm currently hesitating between Cho for the Pellet Point Party, Nelah for the Black Moiety and Kadish for the D'ni Nationalist Party.
I'll wait to see what others take and will take whatever's left :)
0

#10 User is offline   Lostthyme 

  • Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 1,175
  • Joined: 07-April 08
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

I, Humphrey the Bahro of the Black Moiety Party would like to announce my bid for presidency. With the support of my loving family, I hope to bring to you, the people of MYSTcommunity, the change that has long been fought for by our valiant men and women of the moderator team (may those lost for the cause rest in peace).

As a staunch defender of the rights of my people, I will stop at nothing to fight to free you all from the shackles of the remaining vestiges of the D'ni tyranny! I will stand by you, the people of MYSTcommunity as you strive to see the Cavern restored anew, founded in principles of equality, and I will stand by you against all assailants who have abused the name of bahro and tarnished it. I do not aim for the presidency for the power, as Men often do. I only wish to have the power to destroy all chains and obstacles in our way and leave D'ni as it should be: open to all, without barriers. Together, may we bring change throughout the Cavern.

Posted Image
2

#11 User is offline   Allatwan 

  • Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 05-January 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Far, far away... At the world's end
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

Aw, cute! ^^
I finally chose my character and his party; Cho, for the PPP.
I'm currently preparing a campaign and posters. I've got the slogans ready though :p
0

#12 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

View Postluna, on 21 June 2011 - 11:39 AM, said:

I would like to play but as a different party,namely the Serenia Party(left, socialistic)
My candidate is a squee :p



View PostLostthyme, on 21 June 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

I, Humphrey the Bahro of the Black Moiety Party would like to announce my bid for presidency. With the support of my loving family, I hope to bring to you, the people of MYSTcommunity, the change that has long been fought for by our valiant men and women of the moderator team (may those lost for the cause rest in peace).

As a staunch defender of the rights of my people, I will stop at nothing to fight to free you all from the shackles of the remaining vestiges of the D'ni tyranny! I will stand by you, the people of MYSTcommunity as you strive to see the Cavern restored anew, founded in principles of equality, and I will stand by you against all assailants who have abused the name of bahro and tarnished it. I do not aim for the presidency for the power, as Men often do. I only wish to have the power to destroy all chains and obstacles in our way and leave D'ni as it should be: open to all, without barriers. Together, may we bring change throughout the Cavern.


View PostAllatwan, on 23 June 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

Aw, cute! ^^
I finally chose my character and his party; Cho, for the PPP.
I'm currently preparing a campaign and posters. I've got the slogans ready though :p


Added you guys in.

So, candidates, what are your views on the five billion dollar maglev tram construction project in Riven? (yay, random debate topics)
0

#13 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

  • glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 395
  • Joined: 24-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

I'm going to fly by the seat of my pants here.
PPP Zandi, don't let me change! :bunny2a:
EDIT: Changed from DRC to PPP. No harm in changing before GLoa sees, amirite?
0

#14 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

View PostAaronAKAAtrus, on 24 June 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

I'm going to fly by the seat of my pants here.
PPP Zandi, don't let me change! :bunny2a:
EDIT: Changed from DRC to PPP. No harm in changing before GLoa sees, amirite?

Gloa sees all.

Added (and Cho added too, because apparently I forgot to list him last time). Looks like this is going to be a rather liberal slanted election.



0

#15 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

  • glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 395
  • Joined: 24-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

Now I must oggle which is left and which is right. :braces:
Oh, now that I know what that means I obviously picked the right choice.
0

#16 User is offline   laughingpineapple 

  • glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 363
  • Joined: 15-April 08
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Milano, Italy

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

Oh dear, I'm all against celebrities getting into politics and racking up votes because of their celebrity status, but there's only one person in this Cavern that I trust more than St. Watson himself and... if Zandi's in, I know where my vote's going u_u That said, Humphrey's speech seems convincing.


Quote

Suggest others if I missed some.

Yeesha? :blinky: Aka a one-way ticket the opposition, but still...
0

#17 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

View Postlaughingpineapple, on 30 June 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

Oh dear, I'm all against celebrities getting into politics and racking up votes because of their celebrity status, but there's only one person in this Cavern that I trust more than St. Watson himself and... if Zandi's in, I know where my vote's going u_u That said, Humphrey's speech seems convincing.


Quote

Suggest others if I missed some.

Yeesha? :blinky: Aka a one-way ticket the opposition, but still...

Oh heh, how did I forget her? Added now (the formatting of the first post is giving me a bit of trouble, though - it likes to make me type in places I wasn't trying to type in).

We could use a couple more candidates before I set an end date for the primaries, hmm.
0

#18 User is offline   Shinkansen 

  • Friendly Forum Curmudgeon
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,172
  • Joined: 09-August 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland, USA
  • KI number:00759215

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on 30 June 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

We could use a couple more candidates before I set an end date for the primaries, hmm.

Hey, I'll do Esher for the D'ni Nationalists.
0

#19 User is offline   Allatwan 

  • Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 05-January 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Far, far away... At the world's end
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

Darn it, I was going to do Cho and the PPP, but the PPP's already taken. Say, what parties are left?
0

#20 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

View PostShinkansen, on 06 September 2011 - 04:45 PM, said:

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on 30 June 2011 - 12:09 PM, said:

We could use a couple more candidates before I set an end date for the primaries, hmm.

Hey, I'll do Esher for the D'ni Nationalists.

Yay, that will work. You don't have anyone to compete against (unless I missed somebody), but I'll call primaries anyway. New candidates are definitely welcome, though.

I'll set up the poll for the primaries next week at approximately this time, and it will have a week for voting. In the meantime, convince voters that they should vote for you (unless you're Esher, who has no challenger in the election :p). Oh, and tell us what your character's policies would be, should they become president (the president's "platform" or "mandate" or whatever).


View PostAllatwan, on 07 September 2011 - 03:42 AM, said:

Darn it, I was going to do Cho and the PPP, but the PPP's already taken. Say, what parties are left?

Parties are supposed to be taken (in fact, I might have had too many (spreading candidates out among too many parties)). That way, you have some competition for the presidential nomination in the primary election.


0

#21 User is offline   Allatwan 

  • Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 05-January 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Far, far away... At the world's end
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

Oh, that's great! :)
0

#22 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

  • glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 395
  • Joined: 24-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

PPP ZANDI says:
Pellet points are very important. Now, who do you want?A modern man with an RV, modern style, who listens to popular music (alright, semi-obscure art rock), talks modestly in english?
Or a man who wears bedraggled clothes, speaks solely what I can only assume is Pakistani, listens to some oboe music?
As for the maglev construction, I believe it is not worth fueling a dying planet.
0

#23 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

Primary voting has begun! Who will you vote for (in all primaries, since - given the low population we have - I think it's best we have pretty open primaries here)? Once you have decided (take your time - primaries will be open for another week [until September 21]), vote in the poll in the opening post. You may vote for yourself.
0

#24 User is offline   Allatwan 

  • Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 05-January 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Far, far away... At the world's end
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

When should the candidates start posting their slogans and stuff?
0

#25 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

View PostAllatwan, on 15 September 2011 - 11:01 AM, said:

When should the candidates start posting their slogans and stuff?

Now. Or earlier, if you're a time travelling bahro I guess. :D
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users