• KI number:01199433

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:50 AM

Love the Esher poster. :)

#32 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

We have a tie in the Black Moiety vote. We need another vote for them!

For the other parties:

- Esher of the D'ni Nationalist Party
- Cho of the Pellet Point Party

Would you like to discuss what you would do in office in regards to Riven fracturing, the bahro war, etc.? Also, would you like to select running mates for the soon to begin general elections?

#33 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on 06 October 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

Would you like to discuss what you would do in office in regards to Riven fracturing, the bahro war, etc.? Also, would you like to select running mates for the soon to begin general elections?

I think it'd be easier if you listed a short amount of topics so that both the other candidate and Cho talk about the same things. Otherwise, it might be a little confusing.

#34 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

View PostAllatwan, on 06 October 2011 - 01:21 PM, said:

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on 06 October 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

I think it'd be easier if you listed a short amount of topics so that both the other candidate and Cho talk about the same things. Otherwise, it might be a little confusing.

Good idea.

Hmm, issues facing the candidates (or at least the major newsworthy topics):

- THE ECONOMY (there's always the economy no matter what, so you should probably discuss that. Probably some people want lower taxes)
- Riven is splitting apart. How do you plan to stabilize the island - what costs are taxpayers going to have to pay to get this government project running, how fast and reliably will it repair Riven?
- Riven also has the discontent of the Moiety and some, er, increases in crime rates (candidate Cho will probably recognize this from the time he got attacked).
- The bahro civil war is raging with who knows what happening between bahro factions. Is this a security threat? Does it need diplomacy? Do we need to take sides?
- D'ni's rebuilding is very slow.
- Land prices in Releeshahn are too high.
- Oil and Rare Earth Minerals have been found underneath Edanna and Voltaic, setting nature loving groups at odds with developers.
- Crime, regulations, foreign affairs, military spending, etc.

That work? Feel free to add in new issues as well.

#35 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

I, Humphrey the Bahro, am withdrawing my bid for presidency. I am honored to give the Black Moiety over to the capable Squee.

#36 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

View PostLostthyme, on 07 October 2011 - 09:18 AM, said:

I, Humphrey the Bahro, am withdrawing my bid for presidency. I am honored to give the Black Moiety over to the capable Squee.

Well, then. That wraps up the Black Moiety Primary very nicely. As soon as the candidates (Esher, Cho, and Squee) post their Vice Presidential picks (it can be characters who weren't in the original vote) and policies, I'll set up the General Election poll. :)

#37 User is offline   Shinkansen 

• Friendly Forum Curmudgeon
  • KI number:00759215

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

After much consideration, I have chosen Guild Master Kadish to be my running mate.

Our stance on the following issues is as follows:

1. To restart the D'ni economy, a comprehensive restructuring of the tax code is needed. Taxes for most people will be lowered. However, to prevent ensure economic independence, new regulations and taxes will be introduced to curtail the number of non-D'ni owned businesses.

2. The continuing deterioration of the island of Riven is a great concern for us. If elected, we promise to obtain the Tablet and use its powers to undo the deterioration of the island.

3. A proper use of powers of the Tablet will help create an effective police force to deal with all crimes.

4. Again, our administration's use of the Tablet will help restore order to the Bahro.

5. In fact, an effective use of the Tablet by our administration can solve most problems.

VOTE ESHER/KADISH. IN TABLET WE TRUST.

#38 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:19 AM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on 06 October 2011 - 05:05 PM, said:

- THE ECONOMY (there's always the economy no matter what, so you should probably discuss that. Probably some people want lower taxes)

The PPP intends not to lower or raise the current taxes, but to make sure that all things cultural (events, buildings, etc) will be completely free. Furthermore, most of the taxes will go to the Reconstruction, starting with the pellet-machine and lake-filtering.

- Riven is splitting apart. How do you plan to stabilize the island - what costs are taxpayers going to have to pay to get this government project running, how fast and reliably will it repair Riven?

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do except perhaps try to block the Fissure, although this would be temporary. The island should be evacuated. Hopefully, the PPP and Guild of Writers will be able to collaborate on a project I have called "RIVEN II". Picture Riven as it used to be, minus the instability. However, citizens will have to vote to express their opinion on the Age's topography; should it be five islands or one, as it used to be?

- Riven also has the discontent of the Moiety and some, er, increases in crime rates (candidate Cho will probably recognize this from the time he got attacked).

Indeed. Newcomers and students that are 15 to 25 years old will join our forces as "cadets". That should solve the "lack of City Guards" issue.

- The bahro civil war is raging with who knows what happening between bahro factions. Is this a security threat? Does it need diplomacy? Do we need to take sides?

Diplomacy should work, since I am not D'ni and, as an Ahrotahn, can relate to them (to a certain extent). We will see...

- D'ni's rebuilding is very slow.

While we mainly focus on the lake and biodiversity of the Cavern and Ages, funds will be raised in order to help the DRC.

- Land prices in Releeshahn are too high.

Blame Atrus, not me. Maybe we should consider buying recently reconstructed houses in D'ni?
[

- Oil and Rare Earth Minerals have been found underneath Edanna and Voltaic, setting nature loving groups at odds with developers.

Wile there isn't much life that could be harmed in Voltaic, Edanna must be preserved. Developpers will thus have to stick to Voltaic and ensure that their wastes are properly destroyed. Edanna shall become a wildlife reserve in order to remain as it is in the future.

Also, I would like Mr. Bahro, Humphrey, as my running mate. If he accepts, that is.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users