MYSTcommunity: Kerbal Space Program - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Kerbal Space Program (still in Alpha)

#1 User is offline   I'mNotCheating... 

• The Laughing Potato™
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

This TIGSource post just drew me to the Kerbal Space Program, a fun little game (still in alpha, release 0.8.0) about putting dudes in rockets.
You get to build your rocket from a (currently small, but to be expanded) list of parts, then control it as it launches and flies. It's really fun to experiment - as with Dwarf Fortress, losing is fun! - and also to challenge yourself to get to new heights (my best so far is a little over 700km). If you click through the TIGSource post to the SomethingAwful thread (which is not G-rated) people have created and shared their own custom-made parts, and also on the official forum on the website.

"The first versions are free to download and play, and will remain so forever. After the game reaches a certain state of development, it will be available for purchase at a discounted price, which will gradually increase up to it's final retail price as the game nears completion. So by ordering early, you get the game for a lot less, and you'll get all future updates for free." - the website

#2 User is offline   I'mNotCheating... 

• The Laughing Potato™
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

An update: The game is now available for mac, too!
A personal update: I've managed two elliptical orbits :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users