MYSTcommunity: Annoying printer... - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Annoying printer... Because there are people like me who loose CDs...

#1 User is offline   Allatwan 

• Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:51 AM

Hi!
I just wanted to know if some of you might recommend a specific site for missing drivers.
As some of you already know, my parents are moving to Africa and since I was done with my exams before my siblings finished school (and since my dad was in hospital and couldn't help us), I was the one helping with all the administrative stuff and, worse of all, cleaning up the study. As I'm not the brightest cookie and have a tendency to loose CDs for years (if not forever, like my first Revelation CD), I should have been careful. Turns out I wasn't. To make a long story short, there were three piles: things that stayed, things that went to Brittany, and things that went to Africa. And I put a great pile of important stuff that was supposed to go to Brittany in the "Africa" pile.

I have lost our new printer's installation CD. Sure, it's not entirely lost, but we won't be returning to Brittany until next year and in the meantime, we have a lot of important stuff to print (for my dad's work, my siblings' new school, my Uni...) before the end of August. We thus cannot wait to go to African and open up the boxes. And even if we did, I've no idea if the CD and cables would be easy to find.
I bought the missing cables and decided to dowload the driver that was on the CD. The thing is, I've been trying for over two months now, and it does not work. I even went to see a professional, but without a CD or driver, it's hopeless. To make things worse, the other computer which used to work with the printer at stake simply won't recognize it anymore, for reasons which still elude me.

Does anyone know a solution? I admit I'm kind of desperate here :(

Thanks a ton!

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

You could try here - its been a while since I used them but worth a go...

http://www.driverguide.com/

Or maybe somebody here could help?

http://www.techguy.org/

Just out of interest - what printer is it and what operating system are you/they using it on?

#3 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:09 AM

Thanks a LOT, Johnraka! :)
It's a Deskjet F2480 and the computers I'm trying to link it to are an ASUS EEePC (netbook) and (the old one that used to work with it) an HP Pavilion a700 Desktop series- I think.

#4 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Have you tried the HP site here?

http://h10025.www1.h...product=3811337

For XP there are 2 types of files, one is the basic driver - the other is a 117Mb file with teh driver and associated software - assuming you have a fast connection suggest you go for that one.

Just use the dropdown to select your Operating System (XP or whatever you are using) and go from there, hope it works...

#5 User is offline   Allatwan 

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:57 AM

Yeah, I had.
Thanks a lot. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users