MYSTcommunity: Choose Your Own Adventure 6 - MYSTcommunity

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1

Choose Your Own Adventure 6 Because the old ones were just too much fun...

#1 User is offline   Allatwan 

  • Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 05-January 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Far, far away... At the world's end
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hi everyone!
Luna, LT and I were being notaslgic of the previous Choose Your Own Adventure games, especially the fourth one, so we decided to have another round. I've been elected as "thread starter", apparently, so I'll be the first one to post. You know the rules: choose an option, reply, mention that option as a quote, describe the action and then leave five options for the next player.
And so, without further ado, I present... Choose your own adventure- 6!
_____________________________________________
_____________________
_______

It is a cold and and dreary night. But you enjoy Kadish Tolesa's still serenity- perfect for an evening walk. You pause, realizing that it is indeed cold, and fumble through your pockets' contents. A spark of light. Exhale. Perfect. And nobody to criticize that gesture of yours.
Or not.
As twilight turns to night, you notice that the shadows between the trees and under each arch begin to grow, spread and crawl, twisting into barely recognizable shapes. And before you can drop your lighter in shock and swear, darkness has already encircled you.

You:

1. Think they are ghosts of the Least, D'ni victims of the Fall or something. Either way, they can't harm you. Or can they?
2. Run, lighter in hand.
3. Hear a soft, sardonic chuckle. Turn around.
4. Glance down to see you are actually standing on a chocolate pie. Is that what IT wants?
5. Scream Yeesha's name in the hope that something will eventually happen.

_______________________________________________
_________________________________
________________
Enjoy the return of insanity :)
1

#2 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

3. Hear a soft, sardonic chuckle. Turn around.

Spinning around in what is perhaps an overreaction to this sound you see... yourself. To the socks on your feet, this person is identical to you, carefully matched to what you are wearing today.

"Hello. Been a long time." you says, then you links away, chuckling still.

... wait. What was wrong about that you? Was... were your eyes gone?

You must know, so foolishly you grab the book and link without registering where it goes to. To your dismay, you end up in....

1. Riven. Link in cage. Bad.
2. The Star Fissure.
3. Channelwood at night.
4. Voltaic at... no wait, that's not terrifying at all. Oh, I know, the middle of Haven's Jungle.
5. A land filled with candy.

0

#3 User is offline   Zenoc2 

  • lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 511
  • Joined: 21-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Country, USA
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

3. Channelwood at night.

Which wouldn't be so bad, except that the bridge this linking book was written on has long since collapsed. Once you've splashed down and bobbed back up to the surface again, you look up at the nearest intact bridge and see yourself again, chuckling darkly.

"I knew I would follow me," you says, grinning at the opportunity to say such a strange phrase.

It's dark, and you still can't tell if your other self's eyes are gone. The you turns around and walks along the zig-zagging boardwalks in the direction of the windmill. You decide to...

1. Climb out of the water and follow yourself to the windmill.
2. Swim to the stairs to the room with the linking book to Myst.
3. Yell at yourself to get back here right now.
4. Stiffen up from hypothermia and sink to the bottom.
5. Swim out to look around the edges of the forest.

0

#4 User is offline   Lostthyme 

  • Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 1,175
  • Joined: 07-April 08
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

3. Yell at yourself to get back here right now.

You've never been one to listen to yourself, so the other you just continues walking. Huffing angrily (and from the cold), you pull yourself out of the water and onto the shaky boards. Dripping swampy water everywhere, you decide to follow yourself. You need to teach yourself a lesson in obedience. You need a plan for when you catch up...

1. Reason Calmly
2. Yell some more
3. Find a blunt object and take yourself out from behind
4. Philosophize that this creepy apparition is just a reflection of your self image.
5. Hug yourself. You look like you need a hug.
0

#5 User is offline   Allatwan 

  • Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 05-January 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Far, far away... At the world's end
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

View PostLostthyme, on 31 October 2011 - 09:35 PM, said:

3. Find a blunt object and take yourself out from behind

Picking up a rock, you decide to do what is about to be the most surreal thing you've ever done.
"Stop. Right there!"
Your other self stops, surprised. You slowly face it and take that lighter you'd used moments earlier. Indeed: your other "you" is missing eyes. There are huge, empty sockets where they should have been.
"Wanna see something cool?" Your other self grins.
"S-sure", you stammer.
You feel yourself (meaning YOU) being sucked by an invisible form. And shrink.
To your horror, you are being swallowed by your other self, through his/her eyes. You:

1. Think of something to prevent this. QUICK!
2. Wait and see, as if there might actually be something interesting on the other end of those black holes.
3. Yell for your mother- or Atrus
4. Throw the lighter at his/her face.
5. Wake up.
0

#6 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

  • glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 395
  • Joined: 24-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

View PostAllatwan, on 01 November 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

3. Yell for your mother- or Atrus

You scream a name- you really don't remember WHAT name, but it was probably mommy. Or Atrus. Or even Santa Claus.
You keep falling into your non-eyes. After a few minutes, your sense of overwhelming scare oddly fades to calm. You almost drift. Then you are suddenly alert, because:
1. You remember where you are.
2. Another man is falling also, and he is saying something: "The moment I fell into the fissure..."
3. A large disembodied eye appears before you.
4. You hear a piano riff coming out of nowhere.
5. You realize you are missing the newest episode of House.
0

#7 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

1. You remember where you are.


"Not exactly what you expected, is it Traveler?"

Oh no, you're in Dream.

Does that mean that Dream is inside you? Or rather, inside not-you you?

1. Yes
2. No
3. Isn't it less important to answer such philosophical questions and more important to figure out what you should be doing now?
0

#8 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

  • glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 395
  • Joined: 24-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

View PostGehn, lord of ages, on 05 November 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

3. Isn't it less important to answer such philosophical questions and more important to figure out what you should be doing now?

You decide to scream. But then you hit something.
Ow.
And then something heavy lands on you.
Owwww!
You are not sure what's going on, but you try to figure out what just happened. You:
1. Land on a beach and a descriptive book falls on you
2. Land in the forest and a branch falls on you
3. Landed at the bottom of a hole and a shovel fell on you
4. Landed on a building top and a box of art supplies fell on you
5. Landed in Canada and a mountie trampled you
0

#9 User is offline   Allatwan 

  • Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 05-January 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Far, far away... At the world's end
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

1. Land on a beach and a descriptive book falls on you

"Ow"! You shout in pain. Your scream frightens a pack of queer, seal-like creatures that swim away, honking. Somewhere behind you, a long, mechanical howl pierces the otherwise peaceful silence. It is stopped short by a gunshot.
"Why does this place feel oddly familiar..." You wonder. Turning around, you:

1. Decide to explore
2. Use the descriptive book
3. Look at the descriptive book first
4. Take the book and run to hide and spy on what's going on
5. Wonder what those seal-things would taste like once roasted...
0

#10 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

  • MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • Posts: 2,841
  • Joined: 12-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:P.O box 233, Allapo, RVN
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

5. Wonder what those seal-things would taste like once roasted...

Those delicious, delicious...

What? It's been awhile since you've had a meal, okay? Do you see any of the above posts talking about you having a meal? No, no not at all. They can't judge you for being a bit peckish.

"Of course they can."

Oh no, it's you again. As in, not-you you. Let's call it U.

Also, U can read your thoughts. Great.

"This is how it begins..."

"How what begins?" you ask.

"Our descent - our fall. From peace to chaos, destruction... you might even call me... evil. It begins now. I have started the chain of events which-"

"Wait a second. So you mean that you came about only because of these actions you're starting now."

"Yes, are you even listening to my monologue?"

"But isn't that a paradox? I mean, what if you don't exist and don't cause yourself to exist?"

"It isn't and shut up. I have started the chain of events which will lead inevitably to our downfall." U raises its arms in proper maniacal fashion, then pulls out a gun. "Go now, my younger self, and kill something."

Is that really the plan?

1. Well, you are hungry. Surely the seals will survive if you thin the herd a little bit for supper.
2. It's a trap. Don't shoot anything and stop the cycle.
3. Clearly U expects you to think it's a trap, and actually the bad response is to not kill something.
4. Can't you just shoot U?
5. Uh, hello? Descriptive book? How about you link away and figure this all out later?
0

#11 User is offline   Shinkansen 

  • Friendly Forum Curmudgeon
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,172
  • Joined: 09-August 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland, USA
  • KI number:00759215

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

1. Well, you are hungry. Surely the seals will survive if you thin the herd a little bit for supper.

U gives you the gun.

Greedily, you begin shooting every seal within shooting range.
Pretty soon you have a large pile of seal carcasses before you.

"Very good," says U. "You are learning. However, now is not the time for eating."

The seal carcasses disappear in a flash of not-light.

"Hey," says you, "I was going to eat those!"

"Later," says U. "First, I must say I am pleased by your killing of the seals, but it is not adequate. There are yet more seals to be rid of."

U points behind you. You turn and sea another seal, wearing a baseball cap that says "Antarctic Census". The seal barks happily at you, it's eyes big and round with expectation.

You feel a wetness in your trouser pocket. Reaching in, you pull out a large herring. It's red.

You now:

1. Shoot the Census Seal with the gun.
2. Give the Census Seal the Red Herring.
3. Slap U with the Red Herring.
4. Shoot U with the gun.
5. Run away.
X. Die.
1

#12 User is offline   AaronAKAAtrus 

  • glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 395
  • Joined: 24-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • KI number:02961432

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostShinkansen, on 16 November 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:


2. Give the Census Seal the Red Herring.


The seal is happy. He barks and flops away.
"NOOOO!" Says U. "You were supposed to kill him!"
U is angry. But You have a gun.
Then you realize the gun has turned into a bottle of coca-cola ®
U laughs. You:
1. Drink the cola.
2. Throw the bottle at him. It's a glass bottle, it will hurt.
3. Throw the bottle at him. It's plastic, so it won't be that harmful, unfortunately.
4. Run.
5. Get mad at him for making your seals disappear.
0

#13 User is offline   Allatwan 

  • Prime Minister of the Black Moiety
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • Posts: 1,795
  • Joined: 05-January 09
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Far, far away... At the world's end
  • KI number:01199433

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

View PostAaronAKAAtrus, on 17 November 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

2. Throw the bottle at him. It's a glass bottle, it will hurt.

"OW"! Shouts U. You take the opportunity to chase the seal-thing with your lighter, yelling. Just then, guards from the top of the hill notice you and shout in some uncomprehensible language. The animal dives. You do too...

1. and land on it. Now hold on and take a dep breath!
2. and miss. You even get shot. Stupid You!
3. and wake up.
4. and trip on the linking book- no!
5. and slip. U reels towards You...
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users