MYSTcommunity: Journey Cloths in Moving Environments - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Journey Cloths in Moving Environments Ahnonay and Gahreesen spoilers

#1 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

I was going through some old posts and found a few that especially caught my interest. I thought expanding on this one about Hand and shell cloths would be fun.

What are your theories on the differences in the behaviors of the cloths in Gahreesen and Ahnonay? The Gahreesen link in the Relto book takes you to the cloth and not (necessarily) the place on the rotating fortress you were standing when you touched it. But the Ahnonay link takes you to the place you were when you touched the cloth and not the cloth itself.

Are all of the Journey cloths and their associated links in the Relto books supposed to behave the same? Are they supposed to act exactly like linking panels in linking books as the Ahnonay link seems to? I would think so but is there any information in journals, speeches by Yeesha, Zandi, etc. that tell you how they work?

#2 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

cricket chirp chirp chirp chirp

hmmm Too bad this topic was of no interest.

There are more examples of displacements at linking points. In Riven the bottom of the cage is above the original linking point (the ground) so why don’t you link in with your feet and ankles imbedded in the pedestal at the bottom of the cage? In Myst you link to K’veer in front of Atrus’ desk but when he links in, using the same linking book, he links to his chair. Well, that displacement can be explained as linking in front of the desk is much more dignified than landing on Atrus’ lap. But anyway...

#3 User is offline   Lostthyme 

• Quab Wrangler
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00280695

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

I found this idea very interesting, but I couldn't think of any way to intelligently contribute to it. I don't think we can take the cloth-bound-to-the-exact spot too far, since ultimately continents are shifting, the worlds spinning and orbiting, and so on. I like to think that each of the cloths were created to do what was needed to finish the puzzle set before you. If that means behaving in a way that's different from other cloths, I don't see why not.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users