MYSTcommunity: Myst & URU Obsession will shut down on December 31 - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Myst & URU Obsession will shut down on December 31

#1 User is offline   Free Bird 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin
  • KI number:343012

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

It's as the thread title says, basically, but you can read all about it here...

#2 User is offline   Aloys 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

Hi everyone (the three of you that might recognize me. :arianna: )

I'm doing my bi-yearly round of the place to see how everyone is doing. Except today I came for some announcement, but Free Bird already beat me to it.
So, after 10 years of loyal services UO is finally closing. As our announcment outlines the forum has had a great run, but after 10 years it is now slowly dying (and being invaded by spam), and that's sad. So we have decided to give it a decent closure and we are pulling the plug.
Much of the Myst/Uru community has been going slower and slower for the last couple years. And while some people find it sad that we choose to close the forum, I would find it even more sad to see it turn into a desert town and die a slow death. (just like MC is doing? :( ). We are pulling the plug and it will go down at the end of this month on new year's eve. (That's our good resolution for 2012: no more UO! :D )
Several people are looking at ways to create a public archive of the forum, so it won't totally disappear. The site itself has already been down for a while: it was severely hacked two years ago; and for technical reasons we were not able to bring it back online (it was running old custom software and when it got hacked we lost it all). We will see if we can publish part of the site's content in some form, but nothing has been decided yet.
So that's my little news for this week.

How are things going here on MC? :)

#3 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostAloys, on 02 December 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

How are things going here on MC? :)

I think the proper term to describe things would be "slow". :p There's been too little new stuff to talk about Myst-wise lately.

I never really stuck around UO/MO much and never made an account or anything, but I looked up stuff or just browsed threads there many times - sad to see it go, but nice to see a good archiving. There's a lot there.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users