MYSTcommunity: myst 10th anniversary ed. and windows 7 - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

myst 10th anniversary ed. and windows 7

#1 User is offline   elizabethas05 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

Has anyone been able to solve the cursor problems and trying to read the brothers books when u put the messages in them with this game ed. and win 7?

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

View Postelizabethas05, on 09 May 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Has anyone been able to solve the cursor problems and trying to read the brothers books when u put the messages in them with this game ed. and win 7?

Hi,

I don't run Windows 7 but have had problems running DVD versions on Win XP - the only solution I found was to download the updated version of the games from GOG.COM - cost a couple of pounds and any saved games won't work but at least the programs run without any issues.

Might be worth a look?

#3 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

I didn't know there was a save game problem with the GoG version of Myst Masterpiece. Were you thinking of the GoG version of Riven? It has (had?) a problem with saving games. I wonder if GoG ever fixed that problem in their version of Riven?

Anyway, there is a pinned thread at the top of this forum (Myst games in Vista & Windows 7 (incl 64-bit)) with good advice. It's mostly fairly old information but it's probably still valid. The basic advice is what Johnraka stated: Buy news copies of the Myst games from Good Old Games. They're inexpensive and should work in Windows 7.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users