Page 1 of 1

where did i hear that sound? possible spoilers

#1 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Hi.

I have been listening to the sound effects from moul sfx folder, and have seen some names and heard sounds i don't remember hearing before. Perhaps someone can help of out. Here are the details

1: under rstr there is ball hall with bridge and ladder, and more particularly a guild door alarm. The first bits i think may be the great tree puzzle from pots, but i foot remember a door alarm!

2: in Gareesehn there are whole load of maintOn sounds which sound like wearing a maintainer suit! Never managed that!

3: in the cleft there is airstream and two edog. I assume the first is the Easter egg buggy ride, are the latter speaky bits from that as well?

4: under islm, which i think is the main cavern, ties is distant and near explosion. I foot remember the explosion, sounds interesting

5: in Kadish the pillars have dry and wet sounds, the dry is what i remember, but not wet!

I haven't finished going through then all yet, so there maybe more. And maybe another thread on foreign language Yeesha.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Without listening to the sounds (due to current real life time constraints - when I come back and perhaps listen to some more later I might have a better idea of things :p), some hypotheses:

Edit: Listened to sounds. Further comments in italics.

View PostTopher Bear, on 25 May 2012 - 06:40 AM, said:

1: under rstr there is ball hall with bridge and ladder, and more particularly a guild door alarm. The first bits i think may be the great tree puzzle from pots, but i foot remember a door alarm!

Hmm - if you think it's the Great Tree pub and all that, perhaps the pubs (specifically with the guild pubs in mind) had some stuff prepared for them to connect up to the Guild Hall? Whatever it is, it sounds like a really cool door. Also "HerringDoor"? As in a red herring?

2: in Gareesehn there are whole load of maintOn sounds which sound like wearing a maintainer suit! Never managed that!

Sounds like the Gahreesehn wall, either the various tubes and stuff you had to go in or perhaps it just played the sounds continuously to simulate being in a maintainer suit (I don't remember the offline maintainer suit having any sounds with it, but perhaps since the online one was meant to be used only in specific places where you'd always have a maintainer suit on, they could just play the sounds whenever you were there).

It definitely sounds like the Gahreesehn wall stuff, although I can't say that from experience.

3: in the cleft there is airstream and two edog. I assume the first is the Easter egg buggy ride, are the latter speaky bits from that as well?

I think only "Another one?" is spoken in that easter egg - they might just be nonplayable easter egg stuff.

4: under islm, which i think is the main cavern, ties is distant and near explosion. I foot remember the explosion, sounds interesting

Well, explosions always are a good resource to have around if you ever need to add something new. Posted Image

5: in Kadish the pillars have dry and wet sounds, the dry is what i remember, but not wet!

The pillars in the moon room?

I don't see how the "wet" sounds sound wet in any way. They sound almost like they're further away - perhaps the sound you hear if you're not in the room while it's happening?

I haven't finished going through then all yet, so there maybe more. And maybe another thread on foreign language Yeesha.

Heh, foreign language Yeesha sounds amusing every time (although I guess there's more foreign languages speeches for her in MOUL than what I remember).

#3 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

The explosion sounds might have been used in live events during MOULa; maybe someone who was there knows?

#4 User is offline   Gehn, lord of ages 

• MEMBER TITLE!
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:06087960

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Some sounds that intrigue me:

- The cleft has random fly sounds. That's amusing - I don't ever remember them, though.

- xBS Correct: What was this sound for?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users