MYSTcommunity: Uru won't start? - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Uru won't start?

#1 User is offline   Almaron 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Just attempted to log on to Uru for the first time in ages; first it updated itself to 1.906, then when I properly logged in, my screen went black, then the cursor reappeared, and I was at the desktop, without an error message or anything. Tried turning off my ad-blocker, and deleting the graphics.ini file as suggested, but these haven't worked. My computer was recently repaired - fan failure - so perhaps something's been replaced and not updated? Any other ideas?

#2 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Have you fixed the problem? Sorry no one on this board could help.

If you still have the problem I would guess the 1.906 update broke something. A fan failure and replacement wouldn't break software.

It's been so long since I logged into URU that I doubt I even have an account any more. :shrug:

#3 User is offline   Almaron 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Just tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't work either. It has managed to update to 1.912. Is there a technical support group I can contact to figure out what's going on?

#4 User is offline   Zardoz 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

The highest concentration of technical expertise is over on the MOULa forums, in the Technical Discussion subforum. If you're not registered over there or don't want to, you can at least scan that subforum for some suggestions. If you do register and post your problems, you'll usually get a pretty quick response.

#5 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostZardoz, on 29 June 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

The highest concentration of technical expertise is over on the MOULa forums, in the Technical Discussion subforum. If you're not registered over there or don't want to, you can at least scan that subforum for some suggestions. If you do register and post your problems, you'll usually get a pretty quick response.

I have had both updates with no problems and like you I haven't logged for some time.

Just out of interest - when 'they' repaired your computer did they carry out any software updates or install new drivers / programs?

Was the fan the only thing they replaced?
Was it the power supply fan, the processor fan or the graphics card fan? (Sounds an odd question but it may be relevant).

Have you updated all of your drivers (graphics, sound etc)?

Has any other software been installed or updated?

When was the last time a full defrag was carried out? (It can have an effect)

That's about all that I can think of that may affect it.

#6 User is offline   FroggieLuvzMacs 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Say, I can't get on anymore either! The updater is stuck at ver 1.902 Just out of curiosity, are you also running win XP? Very strange...

#7 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Are you sure you're running in admin mode every time you launch it? I've found MOUL won't patch right if I'm not.

#8 User is offline   FroggieLuvzMacs 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:57 AM

View PostCapella, on 12 September 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

Are you sure you're running in admin mode every time you launch it? I've found MOUL won't patch right if I'm not.

Yes, I do. I just tried to log in using the cinderwrapper for mac (it sat for 2hrs) and got the same issue, "checking for patcher update..." hmm, I guess Cyan's servers are overloaded right now. According to the faq on the MOULa forums. :bored: Oh well... I'll just go back through the series then. :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users