Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Riven Collection - NOW AVAILABLE Mugs, Coasters, Placemats and Mouse Mats

#1 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

The Riven Collection catalogue is now complete as far as available products go - Mugs, Coasters, Placemats and Mouse Mats.
Other items will be added at a later date.

Go to:

http://www.darkeadve...o.uk/index.html

Then click on the Riven Collection graphic to open up a PDF file - it is around 300meg so may take a while to open, sorry about that but until I can upgrade my Web software I am limited to the number of pages I can put on the site, hopefully that situation will be resolved by the end of July.

All products are NOT dishwasher safe so please do not put them in a dishwasher.

The Mugs are ok to immerse in water and can be used in a microwave but the coasters and placemats have a foam backing so should only be wiped over with a damp cloth (microfibre cloth provided).

All articles also come with a 'Riven Collection' certificate.

Any enquiries please quote the article, the page number and design required.

P&P will depend on your location and the number of articles ordered - a quote will be provided on request, delivery time is anywhere between 14 (UK) and 28 days (overseas).

Enquiries and orders may be made via: mystriven@darkeadventures.co.uk

Many thanks for looking.

#2 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Minor nitpick; on the "Specials" image page, you've labeled the image with the red hallway "Jungle Island Special", but that image is from Survey.

Also, why do you keep repeating the images and numbers? I can see that there's slight differences based on product (i.e. the coasters have the RIVEN text in black, the mousemats have it in a blue cloud background), but having multiple pages showing the possible images when it's basically the same adds extra pages to the document and makes it bigger. Couldn't you have picked one (either RIVEN on the cloud background OR black), then had an "images" page at the front, then showed the samples of mugs/mousepads/coasters on their own pages later down? Would probably size down the document to an easier downloadable level.

Nits aside, those look really amazing, and when some cash comes in I need at least one mug and mousepad :D When the mousemat says 3 inserts, it can be 3 different pics, right?

#3 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostCapella, on 11 July 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Minor nitpick; on the "Specials" image page, you've labeled the image with the red hallway "Jungle Island Special", but that image is from Survey.

Also, why do you keep repeating the images and numbers? I can see that there's slight differences based on product (i.e. the coasters have the RIVEN text in black, the mousemats have it in a blue cloud background), but having multiple pages showing the possible images when it's basically the same adds extra pages to the document and makes it bigger. Couldn't you have picked one (either RIVEN on the cloud background OR black), then had an "images" page at the front, then showed the samples of mugs/mousepads/coasters on their own pages later down? Would probably size down the document to an easier downloadable level.

Nits aside, those look really amazing, and when some cash comes in I need at least one mug and mousepad :D When the mousemat says 3 inserts, it can be 3 different pics, right?

Thanks for the correction - will sort that on the next issue (this is the first draft and incomplete).
Note your points about showing all the images (with variations), the reason behind that is that the page curl is a different colour on the placemats whereas on the coaster it is absent (due to the small size of the coaster), on the mousemat it is one colour as the background is different.
Having worked in retail many years ago I know how picky people can be about small detail hence the reason for showing 'all' the images, in respect of the placemats the colour of the page curl is determined by the dominant colour in that corner of the image - if I didn't show them all then somebody would be complaining about getting a different colour page curl than what they expected.

Thanks for the feedback though, I can make some adjustments in line with what you suggest, thanks also for pointing out the Jungle Island/Survey Island issue - I guess making 1 mistake out of over 4000 images is not too bad.
Once my webpage is sorted it will make looking at the range much easier - the catalogue pdf file was intended for hard copy only and was never intended to be put on the web.

Appreciate your comments Capella and it is not nitpicking, it is useful feedback, the only way we ever achive perfection is by feedback, keep it coming.

By the way, the inserts can be any selection you choose.

#4 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Great! This is fantastic. I’m like a kid in a candy store trying to choose a limited number of items with the few pennies I have.

Just to check my understanding, one can pick any combination of the 23 images (excluding the mouse pad composite image) for coasters and mugs? For example we can pick any 4 of the 23 images for the coaster set?

Can I nit-pick? Why are there no Sunners in the Jungle island lagoon picture? :( And no Catherine in the Prison Island jail picture? Although, the Prison image might be better without Catherine: More mysterious and lonely. One more: It’s spelled Wahrk not Whark (unless you’re Gehn.) ;)
[/nit-pick mode]

#5 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostA, on 16 July 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

Great! This is fantastic. I’m like a kid in a candy store trying to choose a limited number of items with the few pennies I have.

Just to check my understanding, one can pick any combination of the 23 images (excluding the mouse pad composite image) for coasters and mugs? For example we can pick any 4 of the 23 images for the coaster set?

Can I nit-pick? Why are there no Sunners in the Jungle island lagoon picture? :( And no Catherine in the Prison Island jail picture? Although, the Prison image might be better without Catherine: More mysterious and lonely. One more: It’s spelled Wahrk not Whark (unless you’re Gehn.) ;)
[/nit-pick mode]

Yeh. pretty much any images you want within the range for each product, however the coaster images would have to be resized for the mugs as they have not been designed as interchangable, each image has been sized specifically for its intended product.
Thanks for the correction on the Wahrk spelling, will get that corrected.

Regards the Sunner/Katran images, I couldn't find any stills on the DVD with Sunners or Katran present only videos which don't come up too well on screenshots, I am aware that some publicity shots did show them though.
Cyan appear to have mislaid all of their hi-res images so not much chance of getting any from them.

#6 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

I wasn’t clear in my above post.

There are 23 distinct images and each is formatted differently for a given product. That’s why you stated we need to specify the catalog page number when selecting an image.
So if I want the 233 Age Special image on a mug the page number is 12 but the same image on a coaster is page 13.

Got it.
About the Sunners and Catherine not being in the images, I didn’t know you were doing this the right way by copying the image files off the DVD. I was thinking in of the oooold way: Taking screen captures. That wouldn’t be at all efficient. So there wouldn’t be an image file of the prison with Catherine in it because she’s a video. I guess the same is true of the Sunners although I thought they were part of an image file when sitting still and a video file when they moved. No matter. The image without the Sunners is still great.
[/End off topic]

#7 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostA, on 17 July 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

I wasn’t clear in my above post.

There are 23 distinct images and each is formatted differently for a given product. That’s why you stated we need to specify the catalog page number when selecting an image.
So if I want the 233 Age Special image on a mug the page number is 12 but the same image on a coaster is page 13.

Got it.
About the Sunners and Catherine not being in the images, I didn’t know you were doing this the right way by copying the image files off the DVD. I was thinking in of the oooold way: Taking screen captures. That wouldn’t be at all efficient. So there wouldn’t be an image file of the prison with Catherine in it because she’s a video. I guess the same is true of the Sunners although I thought they were part of an image file when sitting still and a video file when they moved. No matter. The image without the Sunners is still great.
[/End off topic]

Don't worry about the page numbers too much, they were only put there to assist the printers, just tell me what image you want on the mug and that will be fine (233rd age, Jungle Island 1,2 or 3 etc).
Re; the Sunners, yes I think you are right, from a different perspective I do remember catching a glimpse of the Sunners (from the steps down from the rope bridge I think) but I couldn't find any from the perspective I used.
Yes, screenshots from the videos would not be too sharp, I was hoping for some hi-res shots from Cyan but it was not to be, the publishers of the Riven book never came back to me on the subject - sadly...
If I ever get images that are good enough to use it will be an easy task to replace them so will keep an eye out - you never know...:blinky:

UPDATE: I have fpund the 'Sunner' version of the image I used (Took a bit of searching but I found it), sadly no picture of Katran in the Prison - will keep searching the web to see what I can find.

#8 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Ahhh! When did you update your last post? I was going to add that I found pics with the sunners on the rocks but you beat me to it. Oh, well. I'll post this anyway... ;)

Wondering about the Sunner pictures I dug up a ten-year-old app (Riven Picture Viewer v 1.1.1) and looked at the images in the j_Data2.MHK file from my 1997 Riven 5-CD set. There are indeed some static pics of the Sunners on the rocks in the lagoon but they wouldn’t be suitable for your use as they are only 608x392 pixels. Oh, hey! There’s another ancient app on my hard drive . . . Riven Image Viewer v1.0.0 from 2005. And with this one I can save the images to bmp files. Heh, I’m such a pack rat.

I put the pictures on this page: Riven Sunners.

I’ve never had my hands on the DVD version of Riven. How did you access the picture files? Were they, like the 5-CD set, compressed in MHK files? Just curious because your pics are excellently high resolution compared to those I can access from the old CDs.

#9 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

View PostA, on 22 July 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

Ahhh! When did you update your last post? I was going to add that I found pics with the sunners on the rocks but you beat me to it. Oh, well. I'll post this anyway... ;)

Wondering about the Sunner pictures I dug up a ten-year-old app (Riven Picture Viewer v 1.1.1) and looked at the images in the j_Data2.MHK file from my 1997 Riven 5-CD set. There are indeed some static pics of the Sunners on the rocks in the lagoon but they wouldn’t be suitable for your use as they are only 608x392 pixels. Oh, hey! There’s another ancient app on my hard drive . . . Riven Image Viewer v1.0.0 from 2005. And with this one I can save the images to bmp files. Heh, I’m such a pack rat.

I put the pictures on this page: Riven Sunners.

I’ve never had my hands on the DVD version of Riven. How did you access the picture files? Were they, like the 5-CD set, compressed in MHK files? Just curious because your pics are excellently high resolution compared to those I can access from the old CDs.

Don't quote me on this but I think I used 'Riveal' or something similar - it just extracts all the images, videos and sound files - images come up as png files which is great for me as they retain the quality but keep the size down to a manageable level.
In answer to your question, yes the DVD version (and GOG) are in MHK files.

Actually just looking at your Sunner images, I like the last one best where they are sitting on the rock looking towards you so will probably use that one instead - thanks for that. ;-)

#10 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostJohnraka, on 23 July 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

I like the last one best where they are sitting on the rock looking towards you so will probably use that one instead - thanks for that. ;-)

Yeah, that's a classic shot (almost cliche.)

Googling around I found more. Some interesting ones with only one of the Sunner's heads up and then the well known not-seen-in-the-game underwater image of them swimming. I wonder if there are more images that I missed in the MHK files? Or are some of those found through Google screen captures of the videos?

Google Image "myst riven sunners" (without the quotes.)

#11 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostA, on 23 July 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostJohnraka, on 23 July 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

I like the last one best where they are sitting on the rock looking towards you so will probably use that one instead - thanks for that. ;-)

Yeah, that's a classic shot (almost cliche.)

Googling around I found more. Some interesting ones with only one of the Sunner's heads up and then the well known not-seen-in-the-game underwater image of them swimming. I wonder if there are more images that I missed in the MHK files? Or are some of those found through Google screen captures of the videos?

Google Image "myst riven sunners" (without the quotes.)

The underwater images are from the book 'From Myst to Riven' so I don't think you missed any, some of the others you found are screen captures from the videos, it would be useful to find video software (apart from QT) that could go through the videos frame by frame - might get a better shot that way.
Finished updating the images last night, will be producing a new catalogue soon and putting the images up on my website next week with an online payment facility which should make access to the product line much easier than downloading a 300meg file.

#12 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

I took your 300MB pdf and used Acrobat Professional 7 to squeeze it down to 4MB (File, Reduce File Size). The trouble is, the images lost so much resolution they look horrible. I wonder if a newer version or some other software could do a better job?
Oh, well. I'll just wait for the web version.
[/Rambling]

#13 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hey! Look what I got in the mail today! I think my morning coffee will taste better tommorrow. Great job, Johnraka. They're perfect,

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users