MYSTcommunity: The Five Cores - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

The Five Cores demo download problem

#1 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

i am trying to download the demo of the excellent looking Myst-like game the Five cores, but i only get to about 60mb band the download finishes. supposed to be 363mb. the install kit then tells me it didn't download properly. tried it in both firefox and explorer.

anyone else had similar problems?

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

View PostTopher Bear, on 31 October 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

i am trying to download the demo of the excellent looking Myst-like game the Five cores, but i only get to about 60mb band the download finishes. supposed to be 363mb. the install kit then tells me it didn't download properly. tried it in both firefox and explorer.

anyone else had similar problems?

Yes, nothing seems to work properly which is a real shame as I wanted a copy myself.

If you ever get it working let me know...

#3 User is offline   Topher Bear 

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

i sent an e mail to the contact, but so far have heard nothing back. therewith someone on the moul forums who wrote the music, when i get my account fully accepted i will try contacting him and see if i get any further.

#4 User is offline   Topher Bear 

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

an update:

i didn't get any replies to any questions, nor did i get on the moul:a forums. however a couple of days ago i have the demo download another go and this time it worked. don't know if it has been fixed or if it was fluke i got it to work now or couldn't before. but suggest not could give it another go now. but, it did give my windows 7 its first ever problem as after install its next re boot over a day later failed. it failed to fix it. gave it one more shot at booting and it did, though my network adapter failed to work. another re boot later and all is well.

have not yet tried it. will give my opinion when i finally do get round to it.

#5 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

View PostTopher Bear, on 26 November 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

an update:

i didn't get any replies to any questions, nor did i get on the moul:a forums. however a couple of days ago i have the demo download another go and this time it worked. don't know if it has been fixed or if it was fluke i got it to work now or couldn't before. but suggest not could give it another go now. but, it did give my windows 7 its first ever problem as after install its next re boot over a day later failed. it failed to fix it. gave it one more shot at booting and it did, though my network adapter failed to work. another re boot later and all is well.

have not yet tried it. will give my opinion when i finally do get round to it.

Have messed around with the demo, seems pretty good - just wish there was a way of buying it...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users