MYSTcommunity: Seagulls and Butterflies - MYSTcommunity

• 2 Pages +

Seagulls and Butterflies My first impression of MYST Island

#1 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

I first started playing realMyst because my husband had encouraged me to so (he had already played it) and he said he would have fun watching me play it. I was intrigued because it was something that I know he liked and it would be something different that we could share together.

My first impressions (when I entered the island) were that it was a beautiful & serene place that held both mystery and isolation from the real world. This could be a good or bad thing depending on your perspective. :) Sometimes there would be things that would creep me out a little such as “the dentist chair” in the observatory or the confinement of some of the passages. The structure of the spaceship was creepy as well. I also question how a person could survive in this type of habitat because I didn’t see any trees or plants that could be eaten. The only source of food that I actually saw was seagulls & butterflies. I am assuming that there are fish in the water (if you found the equipment, you could make a string & a hook to fish). I guess growing up on a farm & with a hunter makes me think of these things instantly when I’m outdoors and on unfamiliar territory.

Overall, I think the game is cool & I love to explore new things. The butterflies are a very nice touch, but there should be more and different species. I really enjoy the quality time of doing something new with my husband as well. I really like the scenery and the sounds of the birds and the water as it crashes onto the dock.

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostEllie, on 11 January 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

I first started playing realMyst because my husband had encouraged me to so (he had already played it) and he said he would have fun watching me play it. I was intrigued because it was something that I know he liked and it would be something different that we could share together.

My first impressions (when I entered the island) were that it was a beautiful & serene place that held both mystery and isolation from the real world. This could be a good or bad thing depending on your perspective. :) Sometimes there would be things that would creep me out a little such as “the dentist chair” in the observatory or the confinement of some of the passages. The structure of the spaceship was creepy as well. I also question how a person could survive in this type of habitat because I didn’t see any trees or plants that could be eaten. The only source of food that I actually saw was seagulls & butterflies. I am assuming that there are fish in the water (if you found the equipment, you could make a string & a hook to fish). I guess growing up on a farm & with a hunter makes me think of these things instantly when I’m outdoors and on unfamiliar territory.

Overall, I think the game is cool & I love to explore new things. The butterflies are a very nice touch, but there should be more and different species. I really enjoy the quality time of doing something new with my husband as well. I really like the scenery and the sounds of the birds and the water as it crashes onto the dock.

I'm glad that you found Myst so enjoyable - have you tried Riven yet?
Much bigger environment, doesn't have the freedom of movement (yet, the Starry Expanse guys are working on this as I type) of RealMyst but the environment is vast and so diverse, if you found Myst beautiful you will find Riven stunning (I am a big fan of Riven so I am biased - just a little).

Don't recall seeing you on the forum before so if you are new then a very warm welcome, if you have been here for a while then please forgive my lack of awareness.

Enjoy all that Myst and Riven has to offer...

Myst III Exile is worth a look as well, personally I like Myst IV Revelation but I know there are many who are not so keen, Myst V end of Ages didn't really cut it for me but again, there are those who like it - horses for courses.

Welcome to the world of Myst... :loveya:

#3 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Water, Water Everywhere
My first impression of Channelwood

I am in the Channelwood Age now. Very different than Myst Island which I can honestly say I prefer. I don’t know if it was a fluke or the game, but I got a headache when I would take the elevator up & walk on the “tree walks” & take a look around to get my sense of direction, Perhaps it was because I was looking too fast.

I thought it was cool when I found out that the power went by water. I quickly found out that the gears on the walks moved the water through the pipes & knew how to use that to my advantage. I was frustrated when I went by the elevator by the tree with stairs & the door wouldn’t open. Then I figured out that perhaps I have to enter the staircase from the top of the trees. So, I tried that & the door at the top wouldn’t open & the top elevator door didn’t open.

I believe the pots in the “birdhouses/cages” can be used to retrieve water, but I’m not sure how. I’m still going to explore Channelwood, but I don’t know how long I’ll stay there.

#4 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

On my third day playing MYST...

I have been in Channelwood since my last entry. I did well on the 1st level, but had some difficult with the 2nd level. Once I got my bearings I was okay on the 2nd level & managed to find out how the stairs work. I also questioned what the baskets were used for. I thought that it was weird that the baskets had no bottom. Then I told my husband (who was watching) that perhaps they put the pot in the center of the basket and took the whole basket to retrieve water and food at the same time. Pot (water),+ basket (food or storage for other necessities) = 1 trip.

I managed to get to the third level & found the “civilized” looking house & what looked like torture chamber. I thought the triangles & circles in the wood outside of the “torture chamber” might be engraved instead of there naturally. The reason I say that is because wood does have natural circles in it when you cut it & use it to make a chair or cabinet, but these seemed too uniformed & too many to be natural. I call it the torture chamber because of all the tools & weapons in it and those hanging shanks or bracelets look as if they were hanging there for a purpose. Also, there were only two shanks hanging! The others were on the table. Humans have 2 arms & legs. It was C-R-E-E-P-Y!!!!

I found Sirrus’ letter, returned it to the book on Myst Island & got more info. I also found the torn letter about the markers & wrote it down in my notes. I think I’ll stick around Channelwood a little longer to see if I can’t figure out anymore.

#5 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yesterday evening, I went back to Channelwood to retrieve the “blue” page & return it to the library. When I put the page in the blue book, I met Achenar. I decided to leave Channelwood & go to the Stoneship Age.

Since I knew that the key with the dates & times related to the sunken ship, I decided to go there next. On my first visit to Myst Island, I found the observatory & sat in what I call the dentist chair. Then I pressed the computer above it. I told my husband that it looked like some sort of calendar.

When I saw the key with the dates & times on it, I asked myself “Where have I seen something like that before?” and BOOM it came to me. . . THE DENTIST CHAIR!!!!!!! I started piecing the keys with the different ages & didn’t want to quit the game for the night!

I’m a little discouraged right now, because I know that the pictures ( on the calendar ) have something to do with the constellations. I think it’s the snake, arrow and the beetle, but my drawings are not good. I ran out & turned those constellation symbols on & nothing happened. :( Tonight I decided to take a break & let my brain rest. Tomorrow I want to go back & see what else I can do. I’m thinking that somehow I can bring the ship out of/ above the water. I just don’t know yet, but I believe I’m close to finding out.

#6 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

The last time I played, I was so excited to be going to another Age that I forgot to take time out just to relax. This helped me clear my mind too. I was able to explore more and in doing that found out that when I was sitting in the dentist chair, I needed to turn off the light so I could see the constellations better. At first, I didn’t think turning off the light would make that big of a difference. Boy was I wrong! You could see so much better and the ceiling changed / opened to where you could see the stars. This is also how I found out that I made a mistake in one of the constellations. I thought it was the beetle, arrow and snake, but in fact it was the beetle, snake and the leaf. I already knew that the constellation symbols outside the library turned on & off, so I turned on those three symbols on and PRESTO! Up came the ship in the ocean and the ship by the constellations inside the big stone bowl. Way cool! I have now entered the Stoneship Age. :loveya: I got so excited to see the ship come up from the water that I was forgetting to relax, so I ended for the night.

The next day, I went back into The Stoneship age & relaxed. The only goal I had that day was to read the Stoneship Age book. I like this new pattern of reviewing the books before I go into the actual Age.

I wish it wouldn’t of rained, so much (Although it did mention it rained a lot in the book). By fluke, I managed to bring the chest (in the lighthouse) up to where I could do something with it. My husband was watching me play and mentioned that sometimes it takes some people a while to figure out that step in the game. I kind of felt guilty that I got it by luck.

I thought I’d be in this Age forever, because I didn’t know how to get back to MYST Island. I found a red page, but still didn’t know how to get back. I also wasn’t getting the idea of how to turn on the submersible lamps. That symbol on the floor confused me a lot. I felt as if I’d never get the connection. I did notice that that symbol was underneath the dentist chair as well, so I knew that they were connected some how. I thought a lot on this. I also explored the buttons on that symbol ( on the floor in the Stoneship Age) and kept turning off the lights. Then I’d stay there too long and have to run & power the generator again. I kept thinking of how these are related. I knew one of the buttons ( if not more) would do something different besides turn off the lights. Then finally it came to me. WOW! What a difference!

I started exploring again with this new insight to the game. I started to go other places on the broken ship. I found new beauty in the ship when the lights were on & found out how to get back to MYST Island. So, I went back to MYST Island (with my red page) & inserted it into the book. Then I went back to Stoneship Age & retrieved the blue page!

At this point in the game, I don’t know which of the sons to believe. Sirrus appears to have good hygiene (always a plus :) ) and seems more organized, but he gives me the slight impression of a sneak or a politician. Also, why did he have all of those things in his chest of drawers? He also had the insignia of the Black Ship in one of the other drawers! Achenar seems really sloppy and very creepy. The things in his room (on the Ship) were interesting. What was with the human body parts . . . A rib cage & a rose that turns into a skull??? If I didn’t see his room in Channelwood, I’d be more prone to give him the benefit of the doubt & say maybe he was some sort of healer. He still may be the innocent one. Though, healers usually aren’t messy (from my experience), so why does his bed look like a truck ran over it and the pillow cases were g-r-o-s-s. I think I’d sleep on the floor before that bed. :)

I really liked when the underwater rooms were lit up & just looking at the fish swim by. I especially like the schools of fish and my favorite . . . the turtle with the tail(nice touch).

I ended the night by going back to Myst & reading the Mechanical Age book & taking notes. I don’t know if I’ll go there or not today. I don’t want to burn myself out ( Knowing me, I’ll tell myself . . . Oh, just ½ hour & then once I’m playing & look at the clock, two hours would have gone by). Sorry, that’s what this game does to me. I love the scenery & exploring the ages. Add that to the fact that I like mysteries & watch out. I’ll be playing this game every night.

#7 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Being underwater in Stoneship and watching the fish is one of my favorite things to do. I find it relaxing.

#8 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostCapella, on 15 January 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Being underwater in Stoneship and watching the fish is one of my favorite things to do. I find it relaxing.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, You are right. It's relaxing. I would stand there & just watch the fish & forget about the game for a while :loveya:

Yesterday I entered the Mechanical Age. :) It took me a while to figure out what I needed to do. I kept going over to the tower with the Mechanical Symbol on top thinking that there would be a clue. N-O-T-H-I-N-G! :mellow: After getting slightly frustrated, I remembered the keys & clues. A Time and Numbers????? What was associated with time on the island that I haven’t been to yet????? Then it hit me like a ton of bricks . . . THE CLOCK!!!!! :cheesy: I ran over to the clock & set the time. Then I was able to get to go inside the clock tower. COOL! The combination threw me off for a while, but I got it. When I saw the symbol appear inside the clock tower, I knew I had to run to the Mechanical structure & behold. . . It was the same as the symbol inside the clock tower !!!!!

WE HAVE NOW ENTERED THE MECHANICAL AGE!!!! I got to go into the tower. When I pressed the red button & the stairs appeared, I said (out loud) ,Hey! Those are the stairs in the drawing! My husband was watching play and told me that I was a natural for this, but I don’t think so. I think he was just being nice. I found Sirrus’ and Achenar’s rooms . I found the secret compartments right away. I think I impressed my husband when I found those secret compartments because he said something to the extent that it has taken some people a while to find those rooms & that I went straight to them. Again, I think he was being kind. I’m just exploring & looking around the place.

This is a cool game. I love the scenery & the mystery combination. Achenar creeps me out with all of his WEIRD knickknacks, but you never know . . . Sirrus does seem very sneaky and after reading the note that Achenar wrote him about his greed no wonder he can have elaborate things in his rooms. This is going to get me in the end because both sons seem like they are guilty. I just found the way to get back to MYST Island, but I wanted to quit for the night because it was getting late. As I said before the game kind of sucks you in, but it’s fun. Tonight, I plan on putting the pages in the books & seeing what both sons have to say. Maybe it will help me figure out who the guilty party is once & for all. Wish me luck.

#9 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

I’m still in the Mechanical Age, but have done much exploring. In the room with the elevator, I found out that you can press the middle button & an alarm goes on. I quickly ran outside to see if anything changed. To my dismay, I didn’t see anything. I did this a few more times just to make sure. Then I looked up & noticed that there was a hole in the ceiling! Asking myself “What’s that for”? I answered” I don’t know, but instead of going outside the fortress, let’s stay in this room & see if anything changes” & IT DID! :cheesy:

After that, I found the gadget that looks similar to the one in Achenar’s room. So, I decided to play with the switches for a while then I noticed the gears moved. I wanted to go outside & see if there was a difference because I already knew that the fortress moved. I just didn’t know how. I would bring the elevator back up, go down & travel to Sirrus’ room & look out of the telescope before I’d go outside to see if anything changed. Things in the telescope would change. I didn’t know what to think when I peaked in the telescope for the 3rd or 4th time & found a skeleton hanging there. Why is it there & who was it??? :arianna:

I got to move the fortress to a rock that has to buttons on it. They look like the ones inside the fortress, but I’m not sure. I want to explore some more tonight.

#10 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Well, I explored and explored and explored. First I went to the device in Achenar’s room called the Fortress Rotation Simulator and let it calibrate. I must have been there for a while before I got the idea that it pauses at certain places and that the left handle makes particular noises if you press down on it when the device is pausing. I wondered if the one on top the elevator did the same. So naturally my next move was to go to that one & investigate the situation.

I’d play with the handles on that gadget, press down on the left handle & wait to see if I’d hear the same sounds that I did with the device in Achenar’s room & I did. So I ran outside to check things out, but before I’d go outside I run through Sirrus’ room & look through the telescope. This helped me get a sense of direction especially when I’d go outside & relate what I saw in the telescope to what I saw outside.

Once I was at another structure outside & pressing the symbols on the rocks I got stumped. Nothing happened. I told myself, Okay, Back to the drawing board, I did this for a while. I’d move the fortress, run outside, press & NOTHING! I thought the symbols on these rocks meant something, but W-H-A-T???
So, I wrote down the symbols in my notes & went back to the drawing board (the fortress rotation stimulator). I kept moving the tower, reviewing the different sounds it made at different places. Then when I got on the rock with the device that had 4 buttons & looked at it closely, I thought HUM?!??!

I’ve seen some of these symbols before. I quickly looked through my notes & found out that you had to put the symbols on the other two rocks into that device & BOOM!!!!!! A STAIRCASE that goes down & the MYST book. It’s my porthole back to MYST Island. I quickly got each page & inserted them into their proper books. Even though I have a little more information from both sons, I’m still not sure who’s the guilty party is. Maybe Sirrus put all that stuff in Achenar’s room to make him look like a creep? I don’t know. I have a feeling that I’ll get the last pages in the last age & have to decide who to give the page to first and I’ll pick the wrong one. Oh well if I do. It’s not always about winning. It’s about using your brain & also having fun (or at least it is to me). I’m going to see if I can get to the next age tonight. Wish me luck.

#11 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Well, I knew my luck would run out sooner or later. I knew that I had to go back to the cabin with the underground tunnel leading you to a room with what appears to be generators. I quickly found out that the 10 buttons were kind of like a calculator & you had to press the buttons just right to calculate 59 volts. After playing around with the buttons I managed to get the 59 volts, but I didn’t have power to the spaceship. RATTS!

I asked myself , “Now What”? So I decided to go outside & take a look around the place and relax. I went outside & was looking for my seagulls & butterflies (which have disappeared) :cries: . Since I didn’t see any of them I decided to look at the cables that connect the spaceship & the cabin. I saw the ladder & decided to see if I could climb up it & I could. At the top, I saw the switched & turned it. I quickly climbed down & went to the next ladder & did the same thing. Then I ran to the cabin & went into the underground room. PRESTO!! WE NOW HAVE POWER TO THE SHIP!! :cheesy:

I RAN to the ship & got in to see the piano & a machine with 5 keys. I had already reviewed my notes from the Spaceship book & looked at my drawing of the piano. Since my 1st drawing was so bad, I went back to the library & looked at the drawing of the piano & made a more accurate one.
I found out that you have to match the keys from the piano to the machine in there, but every time I set the key on the machine & then move away the key goes down a note or two. So, I went to MYST Community & asked if anyone else had this problem. I’m waiting to hear back. So for tonight, I’m done.

#12 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

I have managed to enter the Selenetic Age. :loveya:

Visibility is limited here because it’s so foggy. As with the other Ages, this one is strange, but holds some kind of mystery to it. I started walking around & found a place with a clock & next to it a tower with a symbol on it. As you move closer to the symbol there is a switch to turn something on or off.

I took a moment & looked around this area & decided to move onward. I found another tower with a different symbol in a place that has things that look like crystals coming out of the water. There I found a red page & now have the page in my pocket. There was also a ladder leading down, so I went down & found a whole bunch of BATS. I guess that was the welcoming committee. :cheesy: The only thing is I can't stand BATS!!!! So that was a real surprise to me as they came swarming towards me : :scared:

I found another ladder & climbed up to find that I was now on the tower that was in the middle of the ocean. This tower’s different from the others in it’s structure as well as things on & around it. It had what appeared to be a control panel of some sort. I played around the with the control panel because I noticed some of the buttons had the symbols that I had previously seen at other towers. I found out that it rotates the structure and that the green arrow buttons decrease & increase the numbers on the panel.
As I was rotating the island, I noticed that sometimes you hear sounds (such as a crash or beeping). I don’t know if those are significant or not yet.
It was getting late , so I left the control panel & plan on revisiting it tonight.

#13 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

I went back to the Selentic Age last night. :cheesy:
My goal was just to have a look around the whole island & NOT to touch anything unless I wanted to. I enjoyed the rock that had the waterfall. I find the sound of a waterfall relaxing. This is my favorite rock in the whole age because it not only has the waterfall, but more trees & I like forests :loveya: . The falling leaves were a nice touch. It made you feel like you were there.

I also went to the rock with the volcanic activity. It seemed to hot there for me. :blink: So I moved on to see the building next to the clock & try to figure out what those 5 switches are for.
I know that they have the same sounds that each tower has, plus a few extra. I played around with the switches for a while & then went to the tower in the middle of the ocean & played around the switches on the panel there. That was driving me CRAZY :rolleyes: because I believe there is a connection to the building, the panel, and the towers.

I turned every symbol on & went back to the panel to see if anything had changed. . . NOPE! :cries: Then I decided to play around with the panel again. I noticed that the green arrows will flicker right or left when you get close to a precise location on the existing picture of the tower being shown. I also noticed that they would stop flickering and the number would be different on the machine, so I wrote all of these numbers down with the related symbol and tower.

I have a suspicion that you must pick the symbol, get the calculated number right, then go & turn on that particular tower. I plan on doing this tonight , so we’ll see what happens. :arianna:

#14 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

When ever I play MYST, I always like to see the introduction first. I will listen as Atrus tells his tale & watch as the book goes falling & falling. I absolutely LOVE the stars. Once the book as fallen, I will occasionally just sit there & look at the stars. I like to do this because it seems like a peaceful night & I do this because it helps me get into the game more. It’s as if I’m actually there. :cheesy: I will open the book & wait until the very end of the introduction before I load the game.

I’m still in the Selentic age. I this this age is the hardest of the ages to get through. It’s a strange place.
I do like to run around the different towers & look at the water. I find the sound of the water as it crashes onto the rock or tower so relaxing. I imagine sometimes that I will observe a sea creatures either jumping up and out of the water & back down into it or even swimming up to the rocks. :cheesy: I think that would have been a nice touch, but you could see that the people who made this game put a lot of time & effort into it.

My favorite place is by the waterfall. It’s so relaxing. I feel like bringing a picnic basket full of Chicken, beans, watermelon & wine and eating right under the trees. You would just have to make sure none of the falling leaves went into your food. :cheesy:

I’ve found both pages ( red & blue). I’m still not sure who I believe & who to give the page to first. Both brothers seem creepy in their own way. It’s too bad they don’t have a 3rd brother to choose from :mellow: . I had Sirrus’s page first and then put it back & got Achenar’s. Now I am thinking about reversing it again, but first I want to get out of this maze that I’m in right now. I plan on visiting it again tonight, but not rotate the ship so much. I think I was starting to get a headache because of the rotation. Anyway wish me luck :cheesy:

#15 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Yesterday, I not only got VERY confused, but d-i-z-z-y :twitch: being trapped in the maze runner. I do not have a good sense of direction unless I can see the sun or some type of land mark. In the maze, everything looks the same, so it’s not like I can pick out one “landmark” & say OK, I know where I’m at now.

I also feel too confined in the maze runner and am literally getting sick to where I have to quit. I have a STRONG sense of wanting to get O-U-T of that runner and just walk around. Here give me a torch and water & food. I’ll walk the rest of the way. Oh and a loaf of bread to leave a trail of crumbs to find my way back. I don't see or hear any bats or other animals around, so hopefully the crumbs won't be eaten. Wait! I know! Give me a few rolls of tape to mark the path instead. :cheesy:

Will I ever see a light at the end of the tunnel or in this case a book or something else significant to the game? If I do, will I know how to get back to retrieve Sirus’ page. . . IF I want to??? :scared:

Like I said, they both seem like creeps in their own unique way. Maybe I’ll find out that Atrus has a third son hiding in the tunnels of the Selentic Age ( Just a joke). :rotflol:
Has anyone else had a hard time picking between the two sons or is it just me?
I plan on going back tonight, so I’ll have to find away to focus on something that’s not moving, but still be able to see outside the runner.

#16 User is offline   Zenoc2 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • KI number:01951307

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

You're definitely not alone there. I think not too many others have commented because they're afraid of giving away the correct choice. You'll figure it out, though, I'm sure. As for the maze-runner... I don't remember how to solve that one at the moment. :p It sounds like you're willing to puzzle it out on your own, though, which I applaud you for. I wasn't so patient. :rolleyes:

#17 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostZenoc2, on 28 January 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

You're definitely not alone there. I think not too many others have commented because they're afraid of giving away the correct choice. You'll figure it out, though, I'm sure. As for the maze-runner... I don't remember how to solve that one at the moment. :p It sounds like you're willing to puzzle it out on your own, though, which I applaud you for. I wasn't so patient. :rolleyes:

Thank you. I really wouldn't say I'm patient as much as tenacious :loveya: I'm trying to look outside the bubble & think of other ways to navigate the maze runner. I've been asking myself. . . how would a blind person navigate through this tunnel? There are other ways, I just need to find them. Thanks again.

#18 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

I have completed the Selentic Age :loveya: . WHEW! I'm glad that's over.Now I have a choice to make. Should I release Achenar or Sirrus OR . . . risk being "trapped" in the green book????? After hearing more of what the two sons had to say, I came up with my own theory ( I may be totally wrong). . .

Eveyone knows that I have very stong suspicions that both Sirrus & Achenar are CREEPS! Sirrus is greedy and Achenar has a desire to destroy thigs. I DON'T TRUST EITHER OF THEM!
I noticed most of the buttons on the different ages were blue (Achenar), red (Sirrus) or green.I also noticed that some ( I don't know if all) of the green buttons brought you to an Age or out of an age (i.e. green button on the first stucture you come to in the Selentic Age + Maze runner = Way back to MYST island.
Atrus left notes to Catherine & he wanted her to come to to the Ages & retieve things.
So, I'm thinking that green represents Atrus! :cheesy:

There are other reasons that I'm going to go to the green book too. Such as . . .

1.) Sirrus & Achenar both seem to be angry with their father.
2.) Both have lied and are destructive in their own way.
3.) There is too much evidence in their rooms ( in all of the ages) to let them off the hook so easily.

Again, green seems like the better choice out of the three. I cannot in good mental health release someone I feel is guilty. So wish me luck.

Oh; by the way, IF I get "trapped" in the green book, come & visit me from time to time. Better yet, try to release me. :cheesy:

#19 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

You know what, I never noticed the button color thing.

#20 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostCapella, on 01 February 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

You know what, I never noticed the button color thing.

It's just a theory. I'll let you know tonight if I find anything else that relates/ supports that theory.

Hey, you didn't say anything about releasing me if I get trapped OR even visiting me :cheesy: .

#21 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Well I bit the bullet & asked for help with the Maze runner. Another Thank You for everyone that gave me suggestions :cheesy:
A few suggestions were to navigate through sound. I remember hearing those sounds in the Mechanical Age, but not sure where. So, I reviewed my notes & found out where I heard them. Luckily, I wrote down the directions as I heard the sound which helped me out A LOT.
It was suggested that I type down what I named each sound (because everyone calls them different things), so here it goes . . . (please don’t think of me as too crude) :blush:

Fart Sound = East
Twirl of Tongue = West
Dink = West
Clunk = South

I kind of drew a map based on the sounds more than North, East etc. Then I FINALLY reached my destination and wiped off my forehead.
I hesitated in giving the sons each of their pages, :scared: but did. One of them told me before “to bring them one more page”. So when I gave it to him & he said that he needed one more page, I thought …
HOLD ON! YOU told me you only needed this last page! Now you want another one! After listening to both of them pointing fingers at each other and them mentioning a “green” book, I sat & thought.

I couldn’t release either one of them because …
1.) They both lied to me before
2.) They were both creepy in their own way
3.) They both had incriminating evidence in their rooms

So, my choice was clear… open the green book. There, I met the “ Third Son” ( I asked before if there was a third son to choose from) or in this case … Atrus, the father.
I followed his instructions which took me a little while, but I did retrieve his green page & came face to face with him in D’ni.
D'ni was pretty to me. I looked around the room before I went to Atrus. It was a little messy but otherwise pretty. I liked all the scrolls on the wall. I wish I could of went up the individual "chambers" & looked around more, but oh well. Then I moved on and gave Atrus his page.
I thought he was a sincere and ethical man. I liked how he offered to let me use the library ( no monetary rewards). My only negative feeling was that I was still trapped on MYST and NOW he may call on me again to help him. Where’s his wife, Catherine???? On Riven or some other island????
I guess I’m trapped in finding out. Wish me luck.

#22 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

View PostEllie, on 02 February 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Well I bit the bullet & asked for help with the Maze runner. Another Thank You for everyone that gave me suggestions :cheesy:
A few suggestions were to navigate through sound. I remember hearing those sounds in the Mechanical Age, but not sure where. So, I reviewed my notes & found out where I heard them. Luckily, I wrote down the directions as I heard the sound which helped me out A LOT.
It was suggested that I type down what I named each sound (because everyone calls them different things), so here it goes . . . (please don’t think of me as too crude) :blush:

Fart Sound = East
Twirl of Tongue = West
Dink = West
Clunk = South

I kind of drew a map based on the sounds more than North, East etc. Then I FINALLY reached my destination and wiped off my forehead.
I hesitated in giving the sons each of their pages, :scared: but did. One of them told me before “to bring them one more page”. So when I gave it to him & he said that he needed one more page, I thought …
HOLD ON! YOU told me you only needed this last page! Now you want another one! After listening to both of them pointing fingers at each other and them mentioning a “green” book, I sat & thought.

I couldn’t release either one of them because …
1.) They both lied to me before
2.) They were both creepy in their own way
3.) They both had incriminating evidence in their rooms

So, my choice was clear… open the green book. There, I met the “ Third Son” ( I asked before if there was a third son to choose from) or in this case … Atrus, the father.
I followed his instructions which took me a little while, but I did retrieve his green page & came face to face with him in D’ni.
D'ni was pretty to me. I looked around the room before I went to Atrus. It was a little messy but otherwise pretty. I liked all the scrolls on the wall. I wish I could of went up the individual "chambers" & looked around more, but oh well. Then I moved on and gave Atrus his page.
I thought he was a sincere and ethical man. I liked how he offered to let me use the library ( no monetary rewards). My only negative feeling was that I was still trapped on MYST and NOW he may call on me again to help him. Where’s his wife, Catherine???? On Riven or some other island????
I guess I’m trapped in finding out. Wish me luck.

Oh yes, on Riven and if you loved Myst you will find Riven amazing in so many ways...

#23 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Hush all of you! :eyebrow:
This is a personal journal. You're not really supposed to respond here. Make a new thread in the Myst/realMyst forum or respond in Ellie's thread in the Hints and Tips forum.

Guidelines for posting in this forum ... Chronicles of game experiences only

:p

#24 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Well, I decided to do some more exploring yesterday evening. I decided to give the sons their pages.

OOOOO! It’s what I thought….C-R-E-E-P-S! Then on top of all that, you’re trapped now for trusting them when you had all the evidence in front of you.

EEEEWWW! Thank God I went with my ethics & got the green page first. I always say that our ethics is our own foundation that makes us the people we are. Also, it's not our abilities that make us who we are. It is our choices! I'm glad I went with my first choice...Atrus.
Well, I can still check out the Rime Age. That is what I plan on doing next. After all, the game is about exploration. Who knows maybe after I’m through with that Age, I’ll seek out another game.

#25 User is offline   Ellie 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Well, I have now entered the Rime Age (After I listened to the introduction of MYST, of course).
I try to read the book before I enter the age & take notes that I think will help me through the Age and that’s what I did yesterday.

Upon entering the Rime Age, I saw a mother whale with two babies. YYYEEAAHHH! I mentioned something to the effect that it would be nice to see some sea creatures swimming in the ocean before & now I have them. It may sound weird, but I’m thinking of giving them names.

I like the snowflakes (even though I personally prefer the warmth to the cold). I stuck my tongue out to catch one, like many of us did as kids. I like how the snowflakes didn’t look all the same either. Way cooL! Too bad you can't build a snowman in this age, but what are you going to do ?

I keep hearing sounds in the distance. I think that it’s the mother whale talking to her babies. I always thought whales were beautiful mammals. The Orcas are one of the most beautiful and intelligent, but they are called” the wolves of the sea” for a reason. Because of that, I have a mild love/hate relationship with them.

I found some device that makes electrical currents & has green, blue & red buttons. Then I found a room with another book, but stopped there because it was getting late. I plan on going back tonight and checking that out along with the other colored buttons to see if they take me somewhere too. Wish me luck.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users