MYSTcommunity: Mysterium 2013 Location Announced! - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Mysterium 2013 Location Announced! Rochester, NY from August 1-4

#1 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Shorah to the community! I’m Capella, chair of the Falling Man Group for 2013, and I look forward to working with the new committee to bring Myst fans everywhere a wonderful Mysterium.

The Falling Man Group knows that you’ve all been patiently waiting to hear about Mysterium 2013, and we’re here to bring you the good news: Mysterium 2013 will take place in Rochester, New York.

Rochester has a great location in upstate New York. It’s right alongside Lake Ontario and less than a day from from many major cities, including Toronto, New York City, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Washington DC, and Boston. The city is beautiful in the summer, and packed with things to do that will appeal to Myst fans. Here’s a short list:

-Strong Museum of Play (complete with an International Center for the History of Electronic Games, plus a Butterfly Garden!)

-The George Eastman House, a museum of photography and film

-A science center with a planetarium

-Seabreeze amusement park (accessible via bus routes)

-The Dryden Theatre (one of the few places in the US able to show nitrate film)

-A variety of attractive parks and walking trails

-And much much more.

The 2013 Mysterium planning committee will consist of Capella, Lutra, estelendur, and Kaelri. You’ll be hearing more about us and our roles in the next few weeks. The Falling Man Group will provide their experience, resources, and support to the new committee.

We can’t wait to see you in August!

Capella

#2 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Ooooh, Rochester. I should be able to make this.

#3 User is offline   Shinkansen 

• Friendly Forum Curmudgeon
  • KI number:00759215

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

Eurgh, I actually would've been able to make it this year, but it had to be the same weekend as BronyCon (which is about 10 minutes from where I live). Why must my fandoms conflict with each other?
Maybe if Mysterium 2014 is in Charleston or something...

#4 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Skip BronyCon, join us instead, we're more fun :p There are far more pony cons in a year than Myst cons.

And hey, 2014 will open for bidding right after 2013 closes. If you can get a team of 3-4 people together, you can make a bid for your area, so start tapping people now.

#5 User is offline   Shinkansen 

• Friendly Forum Curmudgeon
  • KI number:00759215

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostCapella, on 18 February 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Skip BronyCon, join us instead, we're more fun :p There are far more pony cons in a year than Myst cons.

I'm on staff, so I kind of have to go. :shrug:

#6 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Is there any age limits or cost? I live about 20 minutes away from Rochester, so this might work.

#7 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

There are costs - the registration fee helps pay for the meeting room we rent in the hotel. Exact cost will be finalized after we get the hotel's final offer. In past years it's ranged from about $10 a day to around $25-30 for a weekend.

#8 User is offline   lotor611 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hey all you Myst fans out there! I am new to the community but have been a Myst follower since the nineties when the first game came out. Im excited to post and chat on these boards with like-minded souls who enjoy the puzzles/ story/ and atmosphere of the Myst games as much as i do. Ive also never been to a "Mysterium" before in any past years. But it sounds like the place i need to be! :) What kind of things do you guys usually do at the annual Mysteriums? Im pretty interested in trying to attend in NY later this summer. Any help is appreciated. thanks a bunch.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users