• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Myst Recovery takes place right after Myst III: Exile

#1 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

This Fanfic Will Be Written in a Series of Short Paragraphs

AS I stood there, watching Atrus and Katran cleaning up the study, I told them of my time on J'nannin, with only Saavedro and the Squees. Atrus promptly took out a Narayan book and carefully rewrote the age, making it stable.I asked him "Was there ever inhabitants of Amateria?" He said " Alas. Yes, the once beautiful Amateria did have a culture, a race, a people. I had to make the conditions less... hospitable, or else the people would corrupt the lessens my sons would learn" Katran shot Atrus a cold look from across the room and he slowly shook his head. "Make yourself at home here. There is a room to the east you may satay in."

#2 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Before I left, I asked Atrus if someday he would teach me The Art. He simply said "The Art is... dangerous. Many have gone insane trying to create perfect, stable, inhabited worlds. Very few are able to accomplish this task." With that, I left for the room to the east. This home Atrus built, Tomahna, seemed peaceful, yet unnatural, like something sinister and ancient was lurking in its walls. It reminded me of Gehn and when I first saw Atrus. My cousin, Katran, had befriended him. When they escaped Riven through the starry crevasse, I had followed. I roamed earth for years, always carrying the Myst book on me. Then one day, I linked in.

#3 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostVeovis17, on 11 February 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Before I left, I asked Atrus if someday he would teach me The Art. He simply said "The Art is... dangerous. Many have gone insane trying to create perfect, stable, inhabited worlds. Very few are able to accomplish this task." With that, I left for the room to the east. This home Atrus built, Tomahna, seemed peaceful, yet unnatural, like something sinister and ancient was lurking in its walls. It reminded me of Gehn and when I first saw Atrus. My sister, Katran, had befriended him. When they escaped Riven through the starry crevasse, I had followed. I roamed earth for years, always carrying the Myst book on me. Then one day, I linked in.

Any further updates on this? looking forward to the next paragraph...

#4 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

yeah, ill start this up again soon. Ive been quite busy lately though. Also, sorry for being utter poop at writing. I just wanted to get this story across

#5 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

The East room was nice. there was a portrait of something on the wall. On the bed, I saw two books. I thought to myself hopefully are they Kartee'nea? I quickly ran over, but only to find that one was a journal. the other, however, was more interesting. On the inside there were words written in D'ni. I caught the words snow and rock, but I cannot read D'ni well. At the end there was a black linking panel. I thought My own Age? Why would Atrus do this? I ran to Atrus' study, but he was nowhere in sight. I didn't want to disturb his daily life, so I went back to my room. On the way, I saw a movement behind me. Someone was running. Away. Fast. I chased them.It was a man. Not a man, but a child, about the age of fifteen. He was panicked. He Started rambling quickly in Rivenese, I heard him say something about a brother rescuing someone... the word he said i had forgotten over the years. It meant The Lord. Gehn.

#6 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

New updates every tuesday

#7 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

Brilliant, thanks, really enjoying this...Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

THe boy pushed me over and ran. I heard that sound. Like an animal, lightly roaring, indicating that someone had linked in. Atrus appeared over my head. He helped me up. We ran after the boy and caught him tin the library. he grabbed the book to Tay and linked in. Atrus and I followed him. We were at the great tree of Tay. There he was. The boy and his mom stood there. Atrus told he what he heard. She said "What my son has done is a good deed." Atrus told her "Your 'Lord' Gehn mistreated and abused his subjects for years. You should not be thankfull for him" The woman glared at Atrus with hatred. she turned and left. We left Tay. Atrus told Katran, who had been worried. She spoke calmly "The people of Tay respect me. They idolize me. I will go and talk to them tomorrow. But until then, let us eat peacefully." I took the quiet moment to ask Atrus about the age he had written, the one found on my bed. He said, loudly and joyfully, "Oh! Kaodorhan! It is my personal gift to you. It has some books in its library that you might like. There is a room and a study that you can stay in. It repays a fraction of the debt i owe to you, Jedroh." We finished dinner, and i went to my temporary room. I picked up the book to Kaodorhan and linked in.

Note: Kaodorhan is pronounce Kya-door-houn
Jedroh, narrator's name, pronounced Jed-rowh
Other note: for the two people that actually like this, I'll try to update the story most days until monday, because i have school off
Other, Other note: Feedback, good or bad, is highly appreiciated

#9 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

There I was. In Kaodorhan. It was nice. But cold. I saw a rock structure. it was strikingly beautiful. It was my study and library. I climbed up the ladder leading me in. on the shelves were bookes to several ages. There was Myst,the first age of Atrus I'd been to. Stoneship, my favorite of atrus' ages. I went to Myst.
It was similar to when i saw it all those years ago.I saw something I never noticed before; Anna's grave. I solved the puzzle to get to each age. Getting to Selenitic was harder than i remembered. I linked to Stoneship. The storms weren't there. There were people though. I said "hello!". Very loudly in fact. The people gave me strange looks. I said "I am Jedroh, A brother to Atrus" they stared in awe. I heard the people whisper "Atrus?" THen the leader came forth. He was very old. He had a long beard and appeared to be wearing a large robe. He said "Hello. I am Will. You may have heard of my friends Emmit and Branch. They have died. We have been mourning for weeks. We prayed that Atrus would return. But You have come instead. Welcome, Jedroh!"

#10 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

Next Instalment? Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

i say a schedule and the forget it. wow. installment next tuesday

#12 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

short one. Also: warning, blood ahead

I awoke in Achenar's room. It was cold .I was in a puddle of something. Red. Sticky. Blood. My blood, particularly. I tried to stand, but fell over with a throbbing pain. I wondered where the blood came from. I no longer had a foot. I blacked out again. Maybe a day later, I awoke again. I tried to find my book to Kaodorhan, but it was gone. I started to piece it together. I started to remember. I was drinking... something. Maybe wine. Maybe poison. They wanted Atrus. I needed to get to Myst and escape. The people most not have discovered the Myst book yet. I tried to get up to solve the puzzle, but I fainted again.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users