MYSTcommunity: Physical Copies of Riven - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Physical Copies of Riven

#1 User is offline   yohoat9 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Being a long time fan of the Myst franchise, Riven in particular, and finally having a job to supply me with the money to start buying stuff I don't need, I've decided to start an extensive collection of Myst games, merch, etc.

So I'm starting with Riven, but there seem to be SO MANY VERSIONS OF THE PC BOX. So I'm just wondering if anybody here can see if I've missed any?

PC Jewel Case with Tay cover
PC Jewel Case with falling man cover
PC Large Box with Tay cover
PC Large Box with DVD Tay cover
PC Ages of Myst bundle
PC 10th Anniversary DVD Edition bundle
PC Myst Trilogy Masterpiece bundle
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most of those probably include the same 5 sleeved discs or the standard jewel case
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS1 Jewel Case
Sega Saturn PAL version

No idea if I missed any, and some of the bundles are sort of unnecessary to collect, but I like having boxes in a collection so whatever.
My question is, am I missing any?

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

As far as I am aware there is a republished 'Exclusive' DVD edition and a much older 'Ages of Myst' 5th Anniversary edition in a very large box, there are probably various non-English/American variants as well but probably too many to mention.

There is also a boxed '5 game' version (Myst the Collection - with all 5 games in the box) but these are getting hard to find and are usually expensive for what they are, one on E-Bay failed to sell at £24.99 and there are a couple on Amazon but much dearer (£35 - £59).

I have also had a coloured (i.e. Brown and Black) 5 cd version and a black and white 5 cd version - not sure why they were produced like that but...

Sorry I can't be of more help than that, something of a Riven fan myself.

#3 User is offline   yohoat9 

• rehlyihmah (the unseen)
  • Group: Member

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Posted Image

Is this the colored version you're talking about? Because I just ordered a a copy of this version and was confused about the disc variations as well.

Posted Image

Here's the black and white ones that most people own I think.

#4 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yep, I have both of those...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users