Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Myst-Inspired 3D Animation Project Continuing the 3D style of MYST/RIVEN

#1 User is offline   Tenreh 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:49 AM

I'm a 3D hobbyist, and I am starting embarking upon an animation project. I got into 3D because of myst and Riven, so I will pay homage to the style in some of my background objects and environments. Check this out, you might find it familiar. :) I intend to make an organic-feeling village of similar pods with connecting bridges, similar to Tay only much larger and spread out. It's exciting that the technology that was used for Riven is accessible and in many ways better today, for the average person.

This is just a test render, but comments and suggestions are welcome!

Let me know what you think. Definitely more to come, if anybody is interested.

http://s13.postimg.o...x1q53/tower.jpg

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostTenreh, on 14 July 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

I'm a 3D hobbyist, and I am starting embarking upon an animation project. I got into 3D because of myst and Riven, so I will pay homage to the style in some of my background objects and environments. Check this out, you might find it familiar. :) I intend to make an organic-feeling village of similar pods with connecting bridges, similar to Tay only much larger and spread out. It's exciting that the technology that was used for Riven is accessible and in many ways better today, for the average person.

This is just a test render, but comments and suggestions are welcome!

Let me know what you think. Definitely more to come, if anybody is interested.

http://s13.postimg.o...x1q53/tower.jpg

Nice Work - very impressive...

#3 User is offline   Tenreh 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Thanks! If there are any other 3D-Artist mystheads out there I'd love to collaborate and share ideas/models.

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   rivenwanderer 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00111929

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

I love it! It's been a while since I dabbled in 3D renderings but I always mean to come back to it. And Blender has so many new features added in the time since I used it regularly! The most recent Myst-like rendering I made was this (eek, that was like 6 years ago)! Older renders (some of them Myst-ish) of mine are here *tries not to be embarrassed by her high school/early college self* :)

Can't wait to see where your project goes!

#5 User is offline   Tenreh 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postrivenwanderer, on 14 July 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

I love it! It's been a while since I dabbled in 3D renderings but I always mean to come back to it. And Blender has so many new features added in the time since I used it regularly! The most recent Myst-like rendering I made was this (eek, that was like 6 years ago)! Older renders (some of them Myst-ish) of mine are here *tries not to be embarrassed by her high school/early college self* :)

Can't wait to see where your project goes!

Looks like come cool stuff! Ah, I remember being on Cyan Chat when I was like 12 in 1997... getting an old FTP Login for a pirated version of Bryce3D, and going to town building extremely low-res 3D islands, all myst inspired.... it's funny to think how the Miller brothers actually changed the course of my life.

#6 User is offline   Tenreh 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

Still working on it!

My Characters are complete and the models rigged, here is the main character, nickname Nessy;

Posted Image

A little concept art;

Posted Image

Bridge textures are still a little sloppy, and the lighting/environment isn't quite done, still most definitely a work in progress.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users