Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Hidden Places of the D'ni An exploration of the Ages of Uru and Myst

#1 User is offline   LarryF 

• rov nee (new person)
  • Group: Member

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

The Hidden Places of the D'ni is a web site dedicated to exploring the Ages of Uru and Myst, with an emphasis on explaining the buildings, the machines, and the animal and plant life to be found in them. The site contains no information on solving the puzzles of the various Ages.

Contributions are welcome, as well as reasonable theories. Especially welcome are identifications of the plants found in the games, if they exist in reality (many do!).

Click here to visit the site.

Shorah b'shem,
Larry F

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostLarryF, on 22 August 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

The Hidden Places of the D'ni is a web site dedicated to exploring the Ages of Uru and Myst, with an emphasis on explaining the buildings, the machines, and the animal and plant life to be found in them. The site contains no information on solving the puzzles of the various Ages.

Contributions are welcome, as well as reasonable theories. Especially welcome are identifications of the plants found in the games, if they exist in reality (many do!).

Click here to visit the site.

Shorah b'shem,
Larry F

Nice site, loving it, saved it as a bookmark and will be a frequent visitor.
nice job...

#3 User is offline   LarryF 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostJohnraka, on 22 August 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Nice site, loving it, saved it as a bookmark and will be a frequent visitor.
nice job...

Thanks!

#4 User is offline   LarryF 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

I've more or less finished up the page for Gehn's 233rd Age. Click here to see it.

#5 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostLarryF, on 04 September 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

I've more or less finished up the page for Gehn's 233rd Age. Click here to see it.

Nice, very informative - I am so jealous...Posted Image

#6 User is offline   LarryF 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

My last additions to it were to put in a partial translation of what Keta said in the viewer, and a sound clip of Gehn playing the maral-obe from the cannen. I don't know if they were there before you looked; if not, then you might want to go back one more time.

#7 User is offline   LarryF 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

The latest two pages I've added or updated for the Riven section are the animals and plants pages. There are only a few identified animals, and pretty much none of the plant life has been named. If anyone knows what anything is called, other than the basics like the beetles, wahrks, sunners and ytrams, I'd very much like to know.

Animals

Plants

Update: The ferns on Jungle Island have been identified as a variety of wood fern by Moose on the Loose, and she's identified one of the unknown animals from the Moiety cave as a leaf insect.

I've added a few pictures of plants in the village lagoon, although the fan coral in one of them isn't a plant.

This post has been edited by LarryF: 16 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

#8 User is offline   LarryF 

• rov nee (new person)

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

If I haven't mentioned it already, I welcome additional information for the site. Submissions will be credited to the person who writes them. I'm also interested in alternate theories for the buildings and devices. If there is an important point of history that I missed, I'll be happy to add that as well.

I also welcome new articles about things you might be interested in, or articles from other web sites that have disappeared from the internet and would be good to revive.

In other words, while I haven't made the site interactive, that doesn't mean you can't add to it as well as just visit.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users