Page 1 of 1

realMYST Masterpiece Edition?

#1 User is offline   Shinkansen 

• Friendly Forum Curmudgeon
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00759215

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

I guess this goes here?
Saw this today on Cyan's Facebook page (is actually a follow-up to something they posted yesterday):

The update last night was a little confusing and there were several questions asked. So, here are some answers.

“Will people who already own realMyst have to buy this one as well?”

-Yes. The “realMyst Update” heading was confusing, but the update was for a new title, realMyst Masterpiece Edition, not the original. Owners of the original realMyst on Steam will be given a discount for realMyst Masterpiece Edition when it releases on Steam.

“Which version of realMyst is this for?”

-This is realMyst: Masterpiece Edition for Windows and Mac.

“So do the views in classic controls work like Myst as single stills? Or are they like Exile with panoramic views?” “I wonder if there will be controller support for the 3D controls mode?”

-The classic controls replicate Myst’s original controls. While we currently don’t support the use of controllers outside of mice and keyboards, but we are looking into implementing gamepad support and other peripherals.

So this looks like a real thing, right?

#2 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

It looks real to me. :)

So users of Steam get a discount but others don't? I have the original Mattel CD version of realMYST with the "disney" style box. Don't I get a discount?

Just kidding. I'll buy the new version discount or not!

#3 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

If I remember correctly they made the original realMyst to practise their skills before making uru. So I am guessing that they are doing this re mastered edition in a new engine to practise for their big New project.

Its all good news, but where has all this money come from to make whole new game and practise with it?

#4 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Good guess! I thought the same thing about them practicing once again. As far as the money needed for a new project, I hope they get enough from we who will buy our third version of Myst, and there is always the Kickstarter.

However they can, I hope it's a success. I'm hoping there are enough people left in the world that realize the magnitude of Cyan's talent and forward thinking.

#5 User is offline   Free Bird 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Admin
  • KI number:343012

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostA, on 26 September 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

So users of Steam get a discount but others don't? I have the original Mattel CD version of realMYST with the "disney" style box. Don't I get a discount?

Yeah, I have that one too. It may have been the only copy in the country for a couple of years, although that's obviously impossible to verify. I paid 150 guilders for it, including everything, so I'd think that if anyone deserves a discount, it's me! ;)

But wow, this is interesting news! What was I thinking? That I could just leave this site for two months and nothing would happen? ;) Actually that was a very reasonable expectation, but I'm glad to hear about this. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users