MYSTcommunity: Getting the Sunners back in Riven - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Getting the Sunners back in Riven

#1 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

I always thought that once you had approached the Sunners in Jungle Island (and eventually scared them away) that they wouldn't come back, well I discovered tonight that is not true (probably old news to many of you but it's news to me so I will ramble on...).

Having scared them away I took the path up across the rope bridge and as far as the cart that takes you to Book Island, as I was only out for a stroll and a reminisce I thought, why not go back to the beach, stay there and just enjoy the sounds of the sea (headphones on for maximum immersion), when ...

Surprise, surprise, the Sunners were back, so this time I scared them away, went back to the cart, came back down and lo and behold there they were again, and again and again, in fact there seems to be no limit as to how many times I can get them to come back...

New one on me and I have only been playing Riven for 16 years... Posted Image

Just thought I would share that... I'll go now...Posted Image

#2 User is offline   tbr 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Since the sound they make is an important clue, it would have been really bad if there was a permanent limit to how many times you could hear it.

Not sure where exactly the breakpoints are though. I thought perhaps you had to leave Jungle Island for them to return.

#3 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Yes, maybe it is my proximity to the cart that is the breakpoint, I just always believed that once they had been scared away they would never return (like the little girl on Jungle Island).

#4 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

the little girl on Jungle Island
:freaked:
Don't mention her! I still remember the heart-stopping fear when turning the corner and... Ahhh! Gehn! No! His evil devil child granddaughter! No...Just a cute little girl whose appearance took a year off my life.

</exaggerating>

The Sunners do repeatedly come back. At first I too figured they were like other things and one had to leave the island to "reset" them. But they were different.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users