MYSTcommunity: Myst on Snow Leopard? - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Myst on Snow Leopard?

#1 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

having recently gotten an old (2011 or 12) macbook pro with macosx 10.6.8, i decided to try and run myst on it. unfortunately, the cd i have contains only a .exe file and nowhere in the readme nor the pamphlet in the case does it say any installation directions for mac users. Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostVeovis17, on 02 September 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

having recently gotten an old (2011 or 12) macbook pro with macosx 10.6.8, i decided to try and run myst on it. unfortunately, the cd i have contains only a .exe file and nowhere in the readme nor the pamphlet in the case does it say any installation directions for mac users. Any suggestions?

Is this a Windows copy? If so, there's not much that can be done. You'll need a copy of RealMyst to run. Even then, you'll also have to install the Intel Processors Preferences pane to shut off that second core as RealMyst will not run under multi-processors. I've not been able to get the original Windows OR Mac copies of Myst to run on any of my newer computers. Even under Parallels with a Windows 3.1 VM. My beige G3 PowerPC Mac from 1998 with MacOS 8.1? Sure, no problem.

I'm not sure this will work, but you can give it a try, it is the PreferencePane to control the processor in your system.

http://www.mediafire...or.prefPane.zip

Oh yeah, to install, just unzip and double-click on it.

#3 User is offline   Veovis17 

• choortahn (learner)

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for your reply. im using a copy i previously used on windows 98, but the instruction pamphlet says it is mac compatible. the prefpane file couldnt load for some reason. not sure why. its okay though, i still have on older pc to play it on.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users