Server back up! MOULaa rides again!

#1 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

IT'S BACK!

:conejump: :sepdet: :cones: :bounce: :sepdet:

:conejump: :sepdet: :cones: :bounce: :sepdet:

Let me catch those of you who haven't heard up on what's going on. It started withauthentication problems on the 18th. Then MOULa went down around the 22nd. Chogon reported that there were database problems. Then he found a backup. Then it turns out that the backup didn't contain avatar data.

The short version is, the game is back! The bad news is, people now to recreate their avatars, their neighborhoods, and do everything over.

I've got a new KI directory going here and I unpinned the old thread. The new hood will be up when I get home and have free time.

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

Just found out about this when I logged in this evening, what a real pain!
Everything gone, areas, clothes, the lot.
Really miffed about this, appreciate the problems they had but what a drag, took me so long to get where I was....
Now... all over again... Do I really want to? Hmmm...

Rats, rats, rats...
Must have been a real pain for the guys at Cyan as well... aaarrgh! (pulls what is left of hair out)Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hmm. I've already joined the Guild of Linguists hood, and am now faced with competing hood loyalties... :sirrusbook: :achenarbook:

Anyway, I'm enjoying running around redoing everything. I don't even mind the Eder Gira basket rigamarole now that I've figured out the right procedure, after 10 years of making it way too hard for myself. :hitwall:

#4 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:15 AM

That's it for me. I have played through uru far too many times to be bothered to do it again. Yep all the good stuff collected and trees grown, all gone! My life is too short to go through it yet again and I won't be able to just do a bit, its all or nothing with me. Uru was my least favourite Myst game anyway.

Sad that its come to an end, but good given that it lasted as long as it did.

Its funny how data that is decades old can hover around the internet refusing to die, but something we would like to come back to every now and then, even years later, just couldn't quite make it. (not a slight on Cyan just a musing of life in general)

#5 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostTalashar, on 29 September 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

Hmm. I've already joined the Guild of Linguists hood, and am now faced with competing hood loyalties...

I know, right? I'm probably going to open up and administrate the MC hood, but whether I'll actually join it or just have it opened as a gathering place, I'm not sure.

#6 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

Right then!

After a Ahnonay Map from a very kind person on the Mystonline forum I am now ready to go to URU (again), guess it will be fun rediscovering everything - a new path is being formed...

Got my compass, binoculars, water bottle, watch, oil lamp, Skeleton key, Microscope and my trusty Dynamometer, along with my food rations and a few clothes, off we go then, let the adventure begin...Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users