MYSTcommunity: Missed opportunity in 2014 - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Missed opportunity in 2014

#1 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:18 AM

I guess as we look back over the year we think about things we have done, how well things have gone (or not depending on your viewpoint/life etc) and the missed opportunities...

For the forum I guess the biggest missed opportunity was this one: http://www.mystcommu...nt-memorabilia/

All of the Riven development Memorabilia that was offered by Lagouyn (Allan) from the development team, this was a great opportunity for members of the forum to bid on some very rare and desirable items which sadly came to nothing.

I for one was bitterly disappointed by this and I can only hope that Allan hasn't completely gone off the idea of selling this stuff or indeed, if he does decide to sell that he is kind enough to let us know.

There have been a few things on eBay this year that I have missed out on for one reason or another and I regularly scour eBay for Myst & Riven stuff - my most recent acquisition being the Japanese Riven Guide - a beautiful paperback book with stunning pictures (I have recently ordered the Myst version and am awaiting delivery), sadly there has been no sign of any of Allan's stuff hitting the market yet.

Having recently seen an interview where the reporter got an inside look at Cyan's 'Vault' I was left drooling at the amount of Myst and Riven stuff they had sitting on their shelves - oh, if only...

I would fly to Spokane for a chance to bid on that lot...Posted Image

Anyway, that is all I had to say except have a very Happy Christmas and my sincere Best Wishes for 2015. Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:51 AM

I was disappointed by that as well. I had had hopes of the memorabilia being displayed at Mysterium, possibly even shown off at Cyan headquarters itself, before it was sold off. I think it would have been really cool to see whatever it was "back at home".

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users