MYSTcommunity: Myst-style puzzles and places of protection in Minecraft - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Myst-style puzzles and places of protection in Minecraft A simple D'ni stonemason tries his best

#1 User is offline   Lesley 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member
  • Location:Where the sky meets the sea, and all things are made possible

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

Spoiler

There is a door here. It doesn't look like it, but there is, and there is probably a linking book behind it. You have to follow the arrow to find the lever which will open...

Spoiler

...Oh dear. Ohhhh deeeaaar. Where has the lever gone? I guess we will have to find a different way to open it.

ANYWAYS, I'm huge on wide open sandboxes, and I've been building big elaborate things in Minecraft since before Uru was open source. I wasn't always big on modding, and actually played entirely in vanilla for a long time, but I'm glad that I did get into modding my game eventually because in the process I discovered a beautiful thing called Mystcraft.

I've had this mod for a while, but I only recently decided to try my hand at creating an entire saved file around it. Ladies and gents, I give you the 'age' of Arkadia, the home of a nameless but perhaps slightly insane D'ni stonemason with a dark secret and a burden of horrible regret. After creating a new life for himself after the fall, he appears to have gone AWOL and left a a small handful of linking books which he did his best to protect despite having no experience handling them. In true Myst fashion, he also left us A Journal, which I will probably transcribe the full contents of at some point. (Psst, I haven't actually finished writing it yet)

I already have an elaborate place of protection puzzle for one of the four ages, but I've never been good at working with redstone or pistons or any of the other things that are clearly necessary to make Myst-style traps and puzzles in Minecraft. So I was wondering if ya'll have any ideas. Two of the possible locations for linking books are an astral observatory (the blue glass building on the bottom corner) or involving a bird cage (the topmost level). Suggestions are appreciated!

#2 User is offline   aander91 

• Forum game like its 2008
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00087015

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:32 PM

I made something like this a few years back, love this kinda stuff. Might redownload MC and try it.

#3 User is offline   Lesley 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member
  • Location:Where the sky meets the sea, and all things are made possible

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:17 AM

View Postaander91, on 02 January 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

I made something like this a few years back, love this kinda stuff. Might redownload MC and try it.

I posted this ages ago haha, as evidenced by the dead links, and I actually lost the original file when I got my new computer. Which sucks, because it absolutely magnificent completed. I have made some similar things and new Mystcraft content on my new laptop though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users