MYSTcommunity: The Chronological History of D’ni Kings - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

The Chronological History of D’ni Kings

#1 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

Having nothing to do on a sunny Saturday I decided to sit down and read the PDF version of:

The Chronological History of D’ni Kings: from
Ri’neref to Kerath
Collected from the Myst Online: Uru Live Journals

Although these were available to read in URU I was always too interested in exploring to bother reading text after text after text so decided that (in the absence of anything better to do with my time) today would be the day I would put this right.

What a good way to spend my time!
A fascinating read that brought a whole load of things together in my mind and made URU seem more real, if you haven't read this yet please do, it does make for an interesting read and puts more 'flesh' onto URU than would otherwise be there.

Glad I took the time to read this and only wish I had done it before...Posted Image

Now... time to get back to writing 'The Riven Diary' (Lord, this book is taking me a long time to finish...)

#2 User is offline   Shinkansen 

• Friendly Forum Curmudgeon
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:00759215

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

Oddly enough, I also just reread all of the DRC King notebooks, though online on one of the Myst Wikis.

Although URU had some moments of incredibly clunky gameplay, I always loved the background information we learned about the D'ni civilisation.

It makes me wish that we knew more, though. We have next to nothing about the 2500 years of the Council Era; the exact nature of the D'ni religion is still unclear—how did they choose their clerics? were mystery rituals important?—what was life like for the common D'ni citizen? There are thousands of questions about D'ni and D'ni society that may never get answered.

Well, we're still here and we can discuss all these things and more without end. :)

Also, I recently made this handy chart of the Kings of D'ni using information from the DRC notebooks. I started it as I was curious to see how strong dynastic succession was among the D'ni Kings (answer: pretty strong though they seem to have been very lucky in avoiding succession crises when there was no direct heir).
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

That's a really great chart, Shinkansen. Thanks a ton!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users