MYSTcommunity: My Homage (Still Life) to the Making of Riven movie - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

My Homage (Still Life) to the Making of Riven movie

#1 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

Had some space on my bookshelf,a spare camera and an old projector, a couple of rolls of unused cine film and a poster that needed a home, add a replica clapperboard, the 'Making of...' DVD and a copy of the Riven game (5 CD version) and here it is...

Well, I like it anyway... ;-)

Art is art and can take any form...

Posted Image

Oh, the film on the projector is an old silent Columbia movie of Neil Armstrong walking on the moon...

#2 User is offline   Lesley 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member
  • Location:Where the sky meets the sea, and all things are made possible

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

As a still life photog I approve. =)

I feel like the series could inspire a lot of inventive still life. It's the way we experience the world of the games, one snapshot at a time- in an atmosphere almost entirely devoid of actual people, yet with obvious signs of human presence in the form of the objects of every day life (albeit that everyday life might be a little more magical and exotic for Atrus and his family).

That's still life photography in its essence and it's easy for me to imagine that the same feeling that draws me to games like Myst is the same feeling that gets me out walking the empty streets after dark, with nothing but my camera and a pocket knife for protection. That is, I want to tell a story of life with pictures, to immerse my audience in the world I'm creating for them one moment at a time. And if that doesn't describe the experience of playing Myst, then I don't know what can.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users