MYSTcommunity: It is finished! - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

It is finished! my novel

#1 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:28 AM

I have finally finished writing my novel! It has taken me over 4 years and kept me away from many things including mystyness things, but finally completed and now currently being read by several 'beta' readers.

It is a medium length young adult fantasy novel with dragons, magic and other world's (so yes, there a hint of myst in it, but only a slight sprinkling).

Hopefully now not too far away from publisher/agent submission.

TB

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:57 AM

Wahay! Well done! It's a great feeling isn't it? Getting everything finished and reading through the final chapter knowing that your story is now complete, well done my friend... ;-)

#3 User is offline   Lesley 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member
  • Location:Where the sky meets the sea, and all things are made possible

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:35 AM

Ohhh that's fantastic! That feeling when you finally finish a project is the best, isn't it?

The sci-fi novel that I'm writing is just about 3/4ths of the way done, but I've taken a break to go back and do some editing before I finish out. =) Seeing people accomplishing their goals is very motivating, to say the least.

#4 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

That's great! Congratulations!

Please keep us informed of the latest events. I want to read it when it's published.

#5 User is offline   Topher Bear 

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:30 AM

so far I have had two initial feedbacks. One said: good book, when is the sequel? (but that was my dad so . . .)
and the other (a friend who is close to my target audience) said: really good.

but since sending out I keep wanting to go back and make improvements as I have ideas of how to generally write better.

I also have another idea for a new story, bigger than the last, I just wish I didn't have to work !

#6 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:04 PM

View PostTopher Bear, on 21 August 2015 - 03:30 AM, said:

but since sending out I keep wanting to go back and make improvements as I have ideas of how to generally write better.

That's what good authors do. But don't over write it. That's also what good authors do. ;)

Tolkien rewrote The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit many times and had misgivings after they were published, And look how great they turned out! :)

#7 User is offline   I'mNotCheating... 

• The Laughing Potatoâ„¢

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:04 AM

Well done! I remember reading the first chapter many months ago. Best of luck with the publication!

#8 User is offline   Topher Bear 

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:46 AM

Just thought I would give an update.

I did get more feedback from my test readers. A mixed response. The initial full feedback was bad and I felt awful for a while, but then more came in which was strongly positive. There were some general themes to them all, so I knew where I had to fix. Also had the chance to speak to an editor and an agent. They got the synopsis and first thousand words. They both said the story was strong and though the writing was good it was overdone. Which pretty much agreed with my readers

I am now in the process of addressing those issues, which has involved a major re-write of to beginning and couple of other scenes. Those who said beginning was difficult also said it got much better as I got into the story, so hopefully this re write task ill not take too long.

The upshot, if I can get it right, then I think it has a good chance!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users