MYSTcommunity: online hang outs? - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

online hang outs? Where is everybody?

#1 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:32 AM

I have been having a trip down MC memory lane. A time when new myst games were coming out and being played. A time when Uru was considered no more than a strange noise at the back of one's throat.

Clearly MC shone brightly, but has now faded into its twilight years. It got me wondering, where do ex-MCers hang out online these days, and I do generally mean Cyan related.

There is the cavern, cyan own forums, Obduction Facebook. And more I have not mentioned.

I know several peeps pop in here quietly from time to time. Would anybody be interested in setting up an current and ex MC Facebook group?
That is where I hang out. I just don't seem to have the time for the myst forums as well. I suspect, might be the case for others too.

Also thanks to capella for keeping this place going, despite its apparent emptiness. I notice chucker himself has not logged in for a while.

Shorah

#2 User is offline   Talashar 

• oglahneth (ancient one)
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:00183867

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:55 AM

I'm on the official Cyan and Myst Online forums, but unfortunately they're fairly quiet themselves (maybe not so unfortunate for me, given how busy I am with school right now!). But things might liven up over there with the release of Obduction and of more D'ni lore.

#3 User is offline   luna 

• meh
  • Group: Team Member
  • KI number:141809

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

I'm not really comfortable with posting in a d'ni/uru/myst related group on facebook(which has my real name). Not anything against mystcommunity members but other myst people would stumble across it too.

I mostly hangout in IRC(#writers and #gome as specific myst related channels), but I understand this might be a bit too techy for some people

#4 User is offline   foodandart 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:03 PM

I'm wasting time on Reddit, playing the Total Chronicles offline (still haven't worked out exactly HOW to get through the Watcher's Pub puzzle), grinding my teeth over the end of my online storage for my in-game snaps (in my game journal) and working out where I will put them after comcast finally pulls the servers. Am looking into building a gaming PC to play Obduction with.

#5 User is offline   Lesley 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member
  • Location:Where the sky meets the sea, and all things are made possible

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

I'd be totally in on something like that. As a newcomer to the series, one of my biggest disappointments has been not being able to do much social networking with the fandom, and I don't do Tumblr (and can't be convinced otherwise) so that's not an option. Facebook would be good, no one I know cares if I join a group as long as I don't actually add anyone I don't know (which would get me in trouble with my parents.)

It'd be great to knock heads with some of the people I met briefly at Mysterium this Summer, I didn't get the chance to stay long and it left me wanting for more.

#6 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:38 PM

MC is still my primary Myst related hangout. While I have a Tumblr, and participate in fandom discussions there, I'm mostly on it for my Star Wars fandom and the Myst stuff is an occasional side benefit. I mostly follow people from here, anyway. I do wish some of the long discussions would move off of Tumblr and to here or the Guild of Archivist forums ans Tumblr's system of reblogs is shitty for trying to keep a conversational thread going.

I wouldn't be comfortable joining a Facebook group, as I don't use it.

#7 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:41 PM

I won't do FaceBook because of too little security and too many requirements for personal information.

It would be nice to get all of the scattered fans back together in one place in an easy to read discussion format like these old message boards. I'm open to change but it must be in a format conducive to ongoing discussions and it must be secure.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users