MYSTcommunity: Some words of thanks and a request. - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Some words of thanks and a request.

#1 User is offline   PoorSaveedro 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:44 AM

Hello all!

Well! I was active in this forum around 2005-2007, when I was about 15. Reading through my old posts and your patient replies makes me smile so much - those years were some of the best of my life, and I've never felt more welcomed, encouraged and embraced than I did here.

I wonder if anyone has any pointers about how I might download an archive of all my interactions with this site? I can find my old posts, but not my old direct messages. These are precious memories, particularly because it's my earliest self-directed long-form writing. I would love to preserve them. Does anyone more familiar with the workings of this site have any advice?

I play a board game called 'go' now, and I'm almost as fanatical about it as I once was about Myst, but no online community can ever match this one in my opinion.

If anyone was around 10 years ago and by some crazy feat of memory remembers me, or just wants to touch base, feel free to email me at perrinjwalker [at] gmail, or you can visit my go user profile here and edit the page or otherwise find me using that info :) I was mainly a lurker, but it would warm my heart to hear from J'ohn, Fireymarbles, Christopherger, CAGraywolf, Prince Sunner, and I'm sure many others I've forgotten.

I look forward to your replies :D

#2 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

I remember you. It's good to see you again.
Let's see. You're looking for someone who's been around here for 10 years? Will 15 years work for you? ;)

Some of us oldies still lurk here on occasion but not very many.

About your personal messages, I don't know how it works but I have no PMs older than January 2012. Maybe there is a time limit and they drop off the server after a few years? Capella, can help answer this?

When someone sends you a PM you get an e-mail notification. If you use an e-mail client on your computers (instead of getting mail from a web browser interface) and saved all of your old e-mails from those years you could see who sent you a PM and when. I'm one of those pack rats and have all of my old e-mails but don't remember if the content of the PM is included in the e-mail (I'm at work and can't check my computer.)

Any way, welcome back!
:tomato:

#3 User is offline   PoorSaveedro 

• choortahn (learner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:56 AM

View PostA, on 03 December 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

I remember you. It's good to see you again.

I remember you too! Sorry I forgot to mention you haha.

My old email address was through my old ISP and they courteously wipe everything when you cancel your account, so no luck there. Oh well!

I'm glad some of the old crew still lurk around - hopefully a few more will drop by and say hello! Great to hear from you :)

#4 User is offline   Capella 

• Team Marbelous
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostA, on 03 December 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

About your personal messages, I don't know how it works but I have no PMs older than January 2012. Maybe there is a time limit and they drop off the server after a few years? Capella, can help answer this?

That's about how far back mine go...it might have been server-related for where they went. I can look into it but not sure if I can fish up an answer.

#5 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:25 AM

hiya

I am sorry, but I don't remember you. However around that period I wasn't on here that much, I was active earlier than that :)

I just wanted to say, welcome back and I also remember a little while back a lot of stuff was reset in the profiles. I lost my bear picture ;(

also amongst that list of people you remember I am sad to say that CAGreywolf died a few years back. His name is on a rotating memorial in the moul:a(a) as are the other prominent myst fans who have passed away.

on a brighter note, I still pop in here from time to time as do other old timers, when I am not busy with work and my own project, writing a novel (which should be ready for submissions later this year)

hope you stick around

TB

PS is GO not also called othello?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users