MYSTcommunity: More framing of Myst and Riven discs - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

More framing of Myst and Riven discs

#1 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:40 AM

Having a bit of a reshuffle and reframed my Myst discs with a silver mount this time and framed some yellow Riven discs that I had.
Not bad but after getting the mount for the last image - the Gold picture frame, I have decided to redo ALL of my Riven/Myst discs in the same way as they look so much better, I have also had silver plaques made up for less than £3 each for the silver mounted pictures and brass ones for the gold mounted pictures.
The gold framed image came about after Alan (the ex-Riven team guy) first made me aware of what he had to sell in terms of Riven memorabilia, I think at the time I made an opening offer of £75 for it but he then decided to ebay the whole lot, given that the framed discs never appeared on ebay and the fact he won't ship to the UK I decided to make my own version (copy), the only slight difference is the brass plaque is not purely identical and the gold frame is not the same colour gold as the original but believe me I had more than enough trouble finding this frame...

Anyway, enjoy... will post the new images of the others once I get the mounts cut and discs framed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   033031056 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:19 AM

What are you like !

Is there no end to your lust for framing and mounting all things Myst and Riven ?

They look really nice....... :cheesy:

#3 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:54 AM

Pretty cool. Is there any wall space in your house that’s not covered with Myst and Riven stuff?

What’s on the opposite wall to the Myst discs? I see the reflections of two more frames with discs in them. Some look like they say Myst with Myst island underneath.

#4 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostA, on 30 June 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

Pretty cool. Is there any wall space in your house that’s not covered with Myst and Riven stuff?

What’s on the opposite wall to the Myst discs? I see the reflections of two more frames with discs in them. Some look like they say Myst with Myst island underneath.

Ah, confused me for a moment as I haven't got any other discs, no those are pictures only, I did post them up some time back but have posted them below again (the Artwork is not mine), not sure where I got them now but they do look great...
As for the wall space... don't even go there ha ha..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   rivendagger 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:22 PM

All your framed stuff looks awesome. I feel your love for the beauty of Myst & Riven.

#6 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:46 AM

And then there's your Framed Riven dagger you got from rivendagger.

My Riven dagger (not rivendagger) is hanging up on a wall across from my home office desk. I still smile when I look at it.

#7 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:08 PM

View PostA, on 13 July 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

And then there's your Framed Riven dagger you got from rivendagger.

My Riven dagger (not rivendagger) is hanging up on a wall across from my home office desk. I still smile when I look at it.

My pride and joy mate...Posted Image

#8 User is offline   033031056 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:44 AM

I've got my wee dagger on a coffee table in the living room.

People often comment on it cause it looks so old.

Once, a friend was up for his dinner with his family and his young son (....about 8 at the time)picked it up when no one was looking and buried it in my garden !!!!!!

That resulted in a frantic search with a torch that night to discover where the pest had concealed it....found it in the end...... :scared:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users