MYSTcommunity: Haven Moon - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Haven Moon

#1 User is offline   033031056 

• lontahn (discoverer)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:57 AM

Haven Moon is a very very Myst inspired game.

Check it out on Steam.......due out tomorrow........interesting stuff !!!!!

#2 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:00 AM

Got this already as I am one of many beta testers, good game with gorgeous graphics and an expansive environment, still trying to find the time to play it all the way through - hopefully this weekend will see me do that.

Well worth a look and am looking forward to the final release.

Really nice development.

#3 User is offline   033031056 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:51 AM

You've got it already ?

Is there anything you've not got .....?.....lol

The graphics in the game video on youtube look phenomenal......are they that good in the game ?

It is due for release in 6 hours (checked on Steam) but I can seem to find a price.

If it's within reason I'll get it and it'll keep me amused until Obduction.

#4 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:51 AM

Graphics are very good, if I have a minor gripe it is that I would have liked some sort of Gamma control on it as I like my games just a little bit darker, having said that it is still a beautiful game.
Not sure what the price will be so can't help there I'm afraid.
Only another 3 hours to go and hopefully the price will be revealed...

#5 User is offline   033031056 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:51 PM

Got the game and it is lovely.....
Moving clouds would have made it just a bit better. It feels very much like being back on Riven to be honest.
I've managed to get the generator running (easy done) and the flashing beacon.....and now I'm bit stuck ! Must be losing my touch.
I'm moving the telescope around a but but can't see anything.....must have missed something..😭

#6 User is offline   tbr 

• glotahn (beginner)
  • Group: Member

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

Bought this and played for a bit - sorry to say, this does not seem like a good game at all. Yes, on the surface it's "like" a Myst game, but honestly it would get lost among the myriad of terrible Myst clones from the 90's. Very unrefined world design and embarrassing writing, and no, in 2016 the graphics here are decidedly not impressive. The puzzle design so far seems uninspired and employs difficulty through obscurity.

If you're dying for a bit of Myst like nostalgia, go ahead, but don't expect any quality. This is the kind of game that will make you think that Exile and EoA were actually kind of OK games.

#7 User is offline   rivenwanderer 

• Team Marbelous
  • KI number:00111929

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

I'm not impressed with the puzzles at all, but I find the graphics lovely and nostalgic.

#8 User is offline   033031056 

• lontahn (discoverer)

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:23 AM

Gosh.......we're being a bit harsh here people.

It's not been made by a major funded software house or by a team of dedicated designers.

I think for a one man effort it's actually ok.

Could it be better ?.....yes it could.......is it like a bad game from a decade ago?......no it's not.

It is very nostalgic of a design we all know and love.

Think we need to cut this man some slack here.....he's a big Myst fan and everyone has got to start somewhere.

#9 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:37 AM

Agreed, yes there are one or two points where things could be a little bit better but this is just a dip into fantasy (like Myst and Riven), a place to escape to and have some fun, explore, enjoy, take in the sights and sounds and imagine yourself there, walking around, discovering new things. OK the puzzles may not be what you want or expect but as already stated by my good friend - this is not some mega production from a big software house, like the 5 Cores before it, this is most likely a 1 man production and having been (briefly) on the beta team I have to say I like it.
We all rave about Myst but when you look closely at it, the graphics were not that great, it had a storyline (sort of) and the puzzles were totally random. Riven on the other hand was a masterclass and elevated the game to an art form (just my humble and very biased opinion lol).

Don't take it so seriously, this is a nice game, with lovely graphics which has been produced by a fan of Myst, lets give him some credit for what he has achieved, if you don't like it... fine, that's ok, not a problem but be kind, I for one would love to achieve half of what Francoise has achieved with this.
I take my hat off to him for what I think is a marvelous achievement.

Just have some fun and enjoy it for what it is... Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users