MYSTcommunity: Quern - MYSTcommunity

Page 1 of 1

Quern New 'myst' clone

#1 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • Group: Veteran Member
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:18 PM

I have been lucky enough to be playing the beta of Quern. It is kickstarter I learnt about via obduction and it looked good. Having played quite a bit of the first part released in beta I have to say it's pretty good. The puzzles are quite fiendish at times and like all good cyan games can't be accidently solved, you really have to understand it.
story and visuals not add either. I think they are hoping to have it released before the end of the year. I would thoroughly recommend it to fellow myst/Riven buffs like ourselves.
reminds me of schizm actually.

#2 User is offline   A'Reandal 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the info. It's always good to see another MYST-type game come out.

My problem is it will probably take me a year to finish Obduction. Just not enough gray matter or free time to do it faster. I.Will.Not.Cheat

#3 User is offline   Johnraka 

• Rivenworld Creator

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:21 PM

Hi Topher, yes, have heard of this via Twitter, really keen to see the finished article.

#4 User is offline   Topher Bear 

• shokhootahn (instructor)
  • KI number:06868707

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:08 AM

finished part one now. I'm the opposite to you Arry, I don't have obduction yet so glad to have something else to wet my appetite :) Although I also don't have the time to play really. I just had some exceptional set of circumstances this week. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to 'not cheat' and did seek some assistance from the beta Facebook group. They are worthy puzzles indeed and I loved that I had to return to some things to use in a different way to solve a different puzzle. clever.
Really mighty impressed. not been this impressed in a non cyan game since schizm.
very polished too, only some very minor bugs in this beta, make Microsoft look like amateurs :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users