• You cannot reply to this topic

A New World In-Character Journal

#1 User is offline   JohnLynch 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:18 AM

Entry #1 - A New World
10th September 2016

I didn't ever think it would happen again. I've been taken to yet another world. No books were involved this time. No. I was out getting dinner when I saw lights in the sky. Fireworks I thought, so I didn't pay it much mind. Although what fireworks they were. When I got out of the car to get dinner I saw some object flying towards me. It was a giant pine cone. It opened and I saw a ball of light inside. Everything disappeared. Moments later I was in some other location. It looked like a D'ni travel cave, the ones they used on some of their worlds to give them time to put their goggles on and take shelter, lest it be raining. Much has happened since I last traveled to other worlds. I haven't been to the D'ni ruins in quite some time. Much has happened in my life, although it seems the more things change, the more they stay the same. I've got people waiting for me back home. Things are different this time. I haven't flown over to America on a holiday, I have been abducted. And yet, I can't help but feel a bit of excitement as I explore this new world around me.

#2 User is offline   JohnLynch 

• oglahnth (ancient one)
  • Group: Veteran Member

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:44 AM

Entry #2 - Meeting the Locals
Much has happened since my first few moments of arrival. I was greeted by a recording of what I first thought was a hologram, but what I have come to believe was a real life human. It greeted me in a number of familiar languages, including D'ni. If I am right, I believe at least one D'ni was living on this world at the time of the person who made the recording.

I was invited to go to the house with the white picket fence. When I got there it was completely boarded up, from the outside. Fearing something lurking within, I didn't venture into the house. I was greeted by a recording that was difficult to make out. I did get one thing though: Do not trust CW. The rest of the town on this alien landscape is deserted. I believe, based on how abruptly things end at the edges, that the environment of this town was once much larger. Regardless the only inhabitant I could find a was a prisoner named, you guessed it, CW.

He speaks like someone from the Wild West and dresses like one too. There were a number of headstones, all dating with people who were deceased in the late 1800s. However one of them appears to have been born in the 1600s, giving people in this environment a significantly long life.

CW wanted assistance in getting the power turned on. He has a shocking temper and was unwilling to assist me at all. I am hesitant to help him, but I see no choice as of yet. He is likely my best hope off this world and back home, although I am painfully aware that he may decide to shoot me.

I was able to get the power turned on for him, doing so opened up a portion of this town which showed me just how large this habitat is. There is a blue laser light. I do not know it's purpose, however it cancels out holograms generated with the red light. I have found a cave-in that looks to be simply a hologram (due to the red shimmering field around it), but I have yet to work out how to drive the carriage that the blue light is on to get it to the cave-in.

Nevertheless I continue to explore my environment.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users